750 hdi tire problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 750 hdi tire problem

hi, I thought I was the only person having these problems with tires. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the argo hdi tires because of these problems. almost every time I go out for a long ride im fixing tires. or replacing one . im on my third argo now and between the tire failure and breaking there two piece welded axles (failure from the start) I made 4 new corner axles out of s10 Chevrolet axle machined them down redrilled the bolt pattern I fixed that problem.but for the tires im still locking to solve this problem. looked and research many different tires and cant seam to find the answer. I run rs buldoc 20 inch tracks which I like a lot but they used to knock the tire off the out side bead also fixed that problem with my own beadlock wheels. I will post pictures of axles that I broke and you will be supprised . I wish I had the pile of tires I replaced since 2010 but I got rid of them. I also have a max iv for my son and we never have to work on it. no tire or axle problems. it also has tracks but not very wide for upper Michigan snow so my argo will go much further in these conditions. wider tracks in the future for the max possibly argo 18 inch tracks. let me know if you find an answer for the poor tires argo wants 200 dollars apiece for rip off.

Hi there,i got a reply from odg and they want me to take some pics of the tires,only problem is i am out of the province until end of may.and the first thing i am going to do when i get home is bring all my tires to the dealer.i will not be putting on the same tire and end up with the same problem.one of my friends are running bear claws on his 2006 avenger and he cant remember when he had a flat tire last.i dont beleive odg never heard of this problem before with all the argos they have sold.
    Sounds like the 24 inch tires have no trouble

I have Avenger and have the larger HDI tires but run them strictly in the spring thru fall,and have a boatload of hours on rubber tracks but I then use the 24,s when tracked I have some sidewall scuffing but no issues,I have seen HDI,s on tracks here that have the problems you have encountered I looked at one the other day with a fraction of hours on tracks as I have and the tires looked shot to me.

Will Vendettas fit? If so that might be a good combo.

Maybe it's the tracks? I run a 2014 HDI and I'm running Escargo's and have 500km on them without a issue. Not a single flat, never lost a track and the tires still look like new. Channel tracks have the same profile of grouser.

Just a thought.

NOTE!
    I looked. On my 2014 the Argo tires are made by Carlisle and they are made in USA.

Camo side up, Rubber side down!!
    2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo
    2008 Jeep Rubicon, Black, 2 door, 6sp, 2 Warn winches.

750 hdi problem

Hi there sorry for not getting back soon about my tire problem, when i got home i removed all my tires and showed them to my argo dealer,he took some pics and send them off to the factory,and they got back to me and said i can have 8 tires for half price or 4 tires for free.
    I went with the 4 free tires and i was ok with that but that still dont solve the problem of the tires comming apart from the inside.
    Right now i am running rawhide iii's and i dont have any problems with them and they are easy to vulcanize,not like the new tires that comes with the argos now.
    I just want to say thanks to rick at argo sales and servise in nfld

+ Reply to Thread