750 hdi tire problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 750 hdi tire problem

750 hdi tire problem

I see on this site some more guys are having trouble with the new argo tire,some say its the tracks or running too low pressure,not the case for me.i had lumps on the side walls and when i take the rim off the tire is comming apart from the inside.and thats before i used the tracks.
    I send a couple of emails to the company and got no reply and when i went to the dealer all they said was you have to buy new tires,not bad for a 2013 hdi with 150 hrs driven on muskeg that i paid $35k for.
    I had a 2006 avenger with 90 hrs on it that had tranny trouble,i got no help from odg or the dealer in nfld untill i put my two cents worth on this site.the next day i got a reply from odg and the dealer,so odg i hope you are watching this site because i am not giving up ,i want all my faulty tires replaced with good tires.i did not pay all that money just to trash 8 tires in the dump for $225.oo each plus taxes,i am not jim shockey or the duck boys .

my bud had a tire come apart on him for no reason as well.and the tires on my 2012 HDI seem a bit wonkey like they are bulged.hope ODG comes good for the tires.

avenger tire problem

odg are making a lot of money on their argos, accessories and tires ,all the little guy is asking for is a break.
    I am on my 3rd argo now and the quality of tire they are putting out now is worse than when they made them back in the 60's.
    I think they should partner up with a company that makes condoms,at least you don't get holes in them everytime you go for a ride

I've seen a couple tire failures like this all with tracks. All had bulges on sidewalls and when removed looked like they had been run flat or get under inflated. Argo replaced one with less than 50 hr on it. You know if they teamed up with a condom manufacturer we may not be able to run tracks on them.

Sounds like Chinese made tires, had many problems with them a few yrs back. there commin' into this Country by the ship load.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Sounds like Chinese made tires, had many problems with them a few yrs back. there commin' into this Country by the ship load.
    From what I have been told Nubs the tires being installed on the Argo line now come out of the US,their agreement with Goodyear ended a few years back so not sure whether these tires are offshore being shipped thru the US,one thing I can say is that use if the rubber Argo track with the large Avenger tires seem to hurt the sidewalls bad,I have got several hundred hours on Argo rubber tracks withe the smaller Frontier tire with no sidewall issue.NCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Tires are made by Carlisle Tire ( who owns Carlisle, Goodyear Ag. and Titan ( who bought Armstrong)), they may be made here or up there or down there.
    Last week heard from a lawn mower guy his Carlisle's were hecho down there and was having the sizing issues most of us have seen.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Man that is bad to hear, I haven't had any issues with the 24" Argo tire. Makes me wonder if the 24's are U.S. made and the 25's else where? We put way to much stress on our tires to have a cheaply made Chinese tire on an 8x8 or 6x6.

I got a reply from odg about my tires,they want my dealer to take a pic of the damaged tires.i will be back home at the end of may and i will keep you guys posted when i hear back from the company

Lamonte:
    I hate that you have experienced the tire problems you mentioned. I have the 24" Argo tires on three machines, two of which have tracks. The only issue has been a puncture from a submerged cypress knee (put that on driver error). Other than that, these tires have been problem free, one set has about 150 hours on my oldest machine and its got the tracks.
    I think that with anything made on a production line, there are good days and bad days. The best bet now is to post up some additional info on those tires, maybe some digitals on this site, etc., If the dealer and ODG are aware of the problem, I think they will take steps to alleviate the issue. For example, on this site we brought up the cooling issues with the B&S engines, and ODG has now switched to Kohler.
    On several occasions, I have gotten requests from ODG about issues that have come up. Each time they have stepped up and resolved any issues. Based upon my experiences, I think ODG will do everything they can to ensure a top notch product.

+ Reply to Thread