Track Weight

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Track Weight

I'll be watching this thread closely, should be an interesting competition and comparison. Like Dan said, I can't wait.

did i miss the video ?

Quote Originally Posted by radar View Post
    did i miss the video ?
    No, you haven't missed anything.Sorry for the delay, but to compare apples to apples, we need two of the same units,with the same tire size to be fair in our testing.I just have'nt been able to do that yet.I am very exited to get going on this, however, and eventually everything will come together to do the test.

I can easily round up an escargo, pro-series, and channel-tracked machine to help out when the time comes foxvalley. More conditions the better as there are a lot of factors to consider. The current escargo track (grousers on 5" centers...which I believe is the same grouser spacing as a pro-series track) is more like 145 - 155 lbs depending on 10" or 12" grousers...for similar widths as the channel track. 1.5" channel grouser tracks are right around 125 lbs for a 21" wide track avenger, 115 lbs for 19" frontier, and 110 lbs for conquest etc. The escargo does have more surface area for the really nasty conditions, while the channel track can have simple aluminum angle added. Pro-series can have cleats and an extra belt added to aid in traction and get comparable width as the standard escargo or channel track. Pro series can be run w/o the extra belt as a narrow track if that's all you need. Pro-series is a non-elevated belt track, while the escargo and channel tracks are elevated-belt gear-reduction tracks. Tire guides and clean-out area width between belts are different between the two tracks. Two different styles for different applications/conditions, each with unique traits of their own in those conditions.
    Last edited by Buzz; 04-27-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Greetings, friends. And why this theme was closed on half a year? It is an interesting theme about tracks which you have designated. The information in other branches can eat?

+ Reply to Thread