max 2 adair tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: max 2 adair tracks

max 2 adair tracks

hey guys, a couple of questions. bought the adairs and the 20'' tires and offset rims. they are awesome. mike at adair said when installed and tires aired up, there should be about 1 to 1 1/2'' space between center tire and track when up on blocks. so if you have the tracks tight enough and get that measurement, will you still get some slap against the underside of tub once in a while? have about 4 to 5 lbs. air pressure. maybe i need to tighten tracks alittle more. sure do like how easy they are to disconnect ! they did send extra connecting pieces but have used those. thanks johnboy va.

Yes, occasional slap in not out of the question, just monitor the situation closely and insure that you have the pressure in the tires correct. I had a similar issue and noted that my low pressure tire guage had a flaw and was registering 3-5 psi when actually I was airing to 12-15lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    hey guys, a couple of questions. bought the adairs and the 20'' tires and offset rims. they are awesome. mike at adair said when installed and tires aired up, there should be about 1 to 1 1/2'' space between center tire and track when up on blocks. so if you have the tracks tight enough and get that measurement, will you still get some slap against the underside of tub once in a while? have about 4 to 5 lbs. air pressure. maybe i need to tighten tracks alittle more. sure do like how easy they are to disconnect ! they did send extra connecting pieces but have used those. thanks johnboy va.
    Johnboy, did you get the belted tracks or the ones with chains? As far as track slap-that will happen once in a while. I found two ways to avoid it. Either tighten the tracks or put MORE air in the tires to tighten up the tracks, this works for me but I probably have more clearance then you. The other way is to watch the trail, I have found that I can haul A-- down trails as long as I look for the dips and some irregularities in the road will cause the track to slap. Once you figure out what to look for you will be able to drive that machine like a sports car down most trails.

thanks guys, i got the tracks that link with the metal links. really cool. i had 4 extra shorter links , so changed them yesterday. less slack now. just wondered if you have found a preferance ? shorter length track with less tire p.s.i. or longer length with more tire p.s.i. seems shorter with less air would be a little smoother ride. also i guess a balance needs to be found where tracks are fairly tight but not so much that there is too much stress on axles and bearings. they seem pretty good now. johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    thanks guys, i got the tracks that link with the metal links. really cool. i had 4 extra shorter links , so changed them yesterday. less slack now. just wondered if you have found a preferance ? shorter length track with less tire p.s.i. or longer length with more tire p.s.i. seems shorter with less air would be a little smoother ride. also i guess a balance needs to be found where tracks are fairly tight but not so much that there is too much stress on axles and bearings. they seem pretty good now. johnboy va.
    Johnboy, you got the tracks with the metal LINKS! those are the toughest tracks made and get more traction than any other of the Adair tracks designs. Those are the same tracks that Mud Bug runs on his Argo Frontier in Texas. Mudbugs machine eats MUD!!!! You can watch Mudbug and Noel Woods in this video-Mudbugs frontier has the brush guard on front.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-04-2015 at 03:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread