Interco Vampire Tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interco Vampire Tires

Interco Vampire Tires

Hello Guys,

Anyone has experience with Interco Vamps tires? I was thinking of installing them on my Avenger. There is a local dealer that has pretty good pricing on these tires. The only concern I have is the side lugs. Would they be a problem when steering the Argo? Any info. would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I am open for suggestions as to what tires would be good for snow/ice. The rim size must be 9" though. Thanks.

There are actually two types of Interco Vampire tires. The regular Vampires and the ASX. I have had both types over the years and both were great tires, And I tried both on an Argo Frontier and they worked well. My only criticism of the regular ASX was that when they bog down, they dig in very quickly and if you aren't careful, the machine will be stuck. The ASXs performed slightly better in the mud and swam better, and they weren't as prone to getting the machine stuck as quickly.
    The ASX tires are only available for 12" wheels though, so I think you are stuck with the regular Vampires which can be had for the 9" wheel.
    Another option would be the Gator tire in 25x12x9, which is a great all around tire as well.

http:// regular Vampire.

http:// Vampire ASX

The ASX has a side band that wraps around the sidewall and allows the machine to pull itself from a hole very well, the regular Vampire has less sidewall wrap, but the tread height is slightly higher.
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 03-03-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Hello Mr. Woods,

Thanks for quick reply. I am not sure what happen but I thought I replied to your comments. This is all new to me but I starting to learn how to use this website. Anyway, Have you used these tires in snow / ice? If yes, how did they perform? I bought the Argo mainly for ice fishing and I would like to find out what are the best tires for it. Thank you for your time.

Hello nemanuel: Got to say we don't get much snow here in Texas, but have used these tires on ice and they did well. Yes, it takes some power to turn aggressive tires, but in a late model Argo with 18hp or more, you shouldn't have issues, if you have less power than that it may not be worthwhile.

The Argo factory tires are actually pretty impressive too and might be better suited if you have a power issue.

Thank you for all of the info. I am looking into GBC gators. They seem to be good for what I want use them for.

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Hello guys,

It looks like 25 12 9 gator tires are no longer made according to two local dealers. I found Interco The Super Swamper TSL /ATV tires for a good price. Anyone has any experience with these tires? I know the lugs are only 0.81" which is nothing comparing to vamps or gators. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a source for the Gators at $109.95 in 25x12x9, ATV Tires Dealer AllTerrainOnline.com

Hello Noel Woods,

I appreciate the information. I was referring to the local dealers here in Windsor, ON, Canada. I realize these gators are available everywhere in the states. I would not be feasible to buy them from the states because of the exchange rate, shipping cost, and duties at the border not to mention the additional tire tax that we have to pay as well. Its crazy over here. Thanks.

Bought a set from 4wheelonline. So far it really impress me compared with my old itp tires, price is reasonable by the way.

+ Reply to Thread