In need of 1" wheel spacers for bigger tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In need of 1" wheel spacers for bigger tires

opps, double tap

Zuk the threads are 7/16-20 in the Argo as well.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Correct the threads on the argo is 7/16"-20 its just I cant find a wheel spacer anywhere that already has 7/16"-20 installed in them is my original posted question

Ahh, the spacers had larger studs. Sorry, I misread the OP.

Perhaps contact them and ask to have yours with 7/16 studs in the hubs.
    Are Adair 1.5" 1 piece? I would think there is not enough room in the 1 inch by Adair to be 1 piece, where as the aluminum can be fitted.
    Last edited by ARGOJIM; 04-23-2015 at 03:45 PM.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

When I did my Max IV, there was one company that was producing them with 7/16" studs but I paid alot for them. That company later went out of business so I faced this same issue as you on my Max II and this is why I ended up just drilling out the holes in the wheels. I didn't want to do it at first but it really isn't a big deal. I found a 1/2" stud that had the same knurl diameter as the 7/16" studs. This way, if you ever want to change you machine back to 7/16", you can. The hubs of your axles aren't affected. Also, if you want to put the wheels on another machine, just swap the studs out.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Perhaps contact them and ask to have yours with 7/16 studs in the hubs.
    I was looking at doing this for my Max II but after contacting a couple of companies that are manufacturing spacers, the cost to make them was ridiculous. If I remember correctly, the cheapest I could find was in the $400 or $450 range. Another reason I went with the 1/2" studs instead. Not saying you won't find them cheaper but it's not easy.

Well tires are supposed to be in either today or tomorrow. Already have rims waiting for them. I should be able to test fit one right away and make sure that 1" spacer will be enough.

Didn't I read in another post that CBASS had just bought the spacers like I posted and removed the 1/2"-20 studs and installed 7/16"-20 studs in the aluminum spacer that he had bought at napa? wouldn't that be the easiest? or would the spacers not work right because the holes my studs on my axle go into would be to large? I don't know. Maybe i'm over thinking this way to much. lol

on any note I did make myself a form out of wood to start modifying body yesterday. So far so good.

Well I have had nothing but problems with fedex losing my first set of tires and getting the run around from them and what not. But 2 of them finally arrived yesterday out of one warehouse and the other 7 should be here by the end of the week. But got one on a rim last night by hand. All I can say is HOLY CRAP it took almost an hour with them stiff sidewalls and Matt O rims to get one tire mounted..... and took 36lbs of air and a hammer to get the beads to seat. Don't think I'm going to have any issues debeading a tire haha. Going to run to a buddies shop after work today to use his tire machine for the other one I have to see if I can mount it without hurting bead.....

Anyways to my point..... Main reason for this post was about the 1" wheel spacers I need. Well come to find out the new Matt O 9" beadlock rims actually do have 1/2" holes in them already. So the original spacers with the 1/2"-20 studs I looked at will work. I will just have to try and figure out how to bolt spacers to origianl hub as the hub has 7/16"-20 studs but will be going into a hole made for 1/2"-20 studs so it will be sloppy fit. Or i'll have to buy tapered lugnuts probably. Any ides?

You should knock the 7/16" studs out of your hub and replace them with 1/2" studs. That isn't a bad job even with the axles on the machine. Just put an old lug nut on the stud and hit that with a hammer to knock them out. Then use the lug nut to pull the studs back in when you install the new studs.

There are 1/2" studs available with the same knurl diameter as the 7/16" studs. This will allow you to replace them in your hubs without having to drill them. If you ever wanted to switch back, you could do that. I believe I posted the part number or at least the knurl diameter for the studs in one of the other threads. You can search for that or find them at your local NAPA by taking in one that you knock out.

Why couldn't you use 1/2 grade 8 bolts as fasteners for the wheel spacers?

+ Reply to Thread