In need of 1" wheel spacers for bigger tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: In need of 1" wheel spacers for bigger tires

In need of 1" wheel spacers for bigger tires

hello everyone. Recently purchased a set of 25" GBC Gator tires for my 2002 Max II and looking to get a set of 1" thick wheel spacers to move the tires out away from the body a little bit for more clearance. Looking for ones like this

2 Pcs 1" 5x4 5 to 5 x 4 5 Wheel Spacers Adpaters 5LUG 1 2" x 20 | eBay

The only problem is that they have 1/2"x20 studs in them and I need 7/16"x20 stud to work with my brand new MATT O rims and I do not want to drill them out to the bigger size. Anyone know where I could get 5x4.5" bolt pattern 1" thick spacers with 7/16"x20 studs and lug nuts? or I may have to purchase the ones I posted and knock all the studs out and press in new studs which will be a stinker.

I know CBASS is running spacers if he could chime in.

And Noel is running spacers also but his inbox is full

Yep. sorry the in-box got hit today, Will check out the spacer source this evening and get back with you.

I'd check with Adair Argo. I imagine they have a variety of thicknesses available, and if the pricing on them is as good as their 3 to 5 conversions, you'll be very happy.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Adair is first class to deal with. You may also check with LNS Adapters, they sell on EBAY as LUGS N STUFF and have a store on EBAY.

I got mine from argo but they were 1.5 inches wide

I highly prefer the full aluminum ones like I originally posted as they look to be stronger than the 1" ones that adair argo sells. The ones they sell are a 3 piece design that looks like you have to use nuts on the bolts to space it out and I don't know if I like that idea. May end up being my only option but at $29.00 a piece I think it would be cheaper to buy the aluminum ones I posted and also by the studs to replace them with.

I know those spacers on eBay with 1/2" studs work on stock Argo wheels, I got them on mine. I also ordered spline drive Chrome lug nuts (2 sets 1/2" & 7/16") to keep the mud and dirt off the studs and just cause they look cool. I use the 1/2" with the spacers and the 7/16 without.

20 Premium Chrome 6 Spline Drive Tuner Wheel LUG Nuts 7 16 20 1 35" Tall | eBay

20 Premium Chrome 6 Spline Drive Tuner Wheel LUG Nuts 1 2 20 1 35" Tall | eBay
    Last edited by 2014SE; 04-22-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Camo side up, Rubber side down!!
    2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo
    2008 Jeep Rubicon, Black, 2 door, 6sp, 2 Warn winches.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014SE View Post
    I know those spacers on eBay with 1/2" studs work on stock Argo wheels, I got them on mine. I also ordered spline drive Chrome lug nuts (2 sets 1/2" & 7/16") to keep the mud and dirt off the studs and just cause they look cool. I use the 1/2" with the spacers and the 7/16 without.

20 Premium Chrome 6 Spline Drive Tuner Wheel LUG Nuts 7 16 20 1 35" Tall | eBay

20 Premium Chrome 6 Spline Drive Tuner Wheel LUG Nuts 1 2 20 1 35" Tall | eBay
    you are correct they will work on argo wheels and old style max rims because the rims have a half inch hole and a taper for the lugnuts to seat against. New style K Lock max rims only have a 7/16" hole and use just a regular nut against the flat of the rim. So I do really like your idea of using regualr lugnuts to keep dirt and stuff off the lug threads but that will not work in my case. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer Dude View Post
    you are correct they will work on argo wheels and old style max rims because the rims have a half inch hole and a taper for the lugnuts to seat against. New style K Lock max rims only have a 7/16" hole and use just a regular nut against the flat of the rim. So I do really like your idea of using regualr lugnuts to keep dirt and stuff off the lug threads but that will not work in my case. Thank you
    machine the coin off them and they're flat. Ran the closed nuts for years to get the mud out, and yes chrome is a good look to set off the rims.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I just installed a set of MAX rims (flat style rim with 7/16" hole) on my 1994 Argo Vanguard. I didn't realize the rims were different before I purchased them. They fit snug over the 1/2" Argo lugs just fine, I flipped the Argo wheel nuts around so the flat side was aggainst the rim. I still need to add lock washers.

Here's my crate of goodies just delivered, it came with 6 tires/rims from a Max IV and a set of unused rubber tracks for $1000. I wasn't sure they would fit, but figured it was worth the gamble. I'm prettty sure I'll have to shorten the tracks to work on the Argo and I may need spacers (15" tracks), but I'm quite not there yet.

here you can see the backwards lug nut

+ Reply to Thread