22x10-8 Runamuck Tires - Are some are different diameter? Track problems?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 22x10-8 Runamuck Tires - Are some are different diameter? Track problems?

this is frustrating. I just spent a solid hour trying to get the rim into the tire, just the first side. every video you watch, the person just lubes up the bead and stuffs the rim into the tire. I don't get it.

The old tires measure the exact same inside of bead to inside of bead. 8". The rims are 9" outer lip to outer lip. 8" under the lip where the bead sits. So, I have to stretch the tire a full 1" to get it over the rim lip. These are thick tires. I just cant' get it to go in. I've tried jumping on it, putting it under the argo and letting the argo weight try to squash the rim into the tire. nothing. Even tried squashing the tire in a large press to make the bead go into an oval shape in the hopes of widening it enough to stuff the rim in. nothing works.

my local ATV shop quoted me $25 per tire. guess I am hauling them down to denver. Walmart does mounting for $5 per tire according to their website, and they sell atv, golf cart, and garden tractor tires.

update.

took the tires and rims into walmart. they were able to change them for $5 each, plus some new valve stems. Peerless tires didn't have the right type of machine.

They are now inflated and mounted on the argo. They are still about 1" shorter than other tires. I put the new tires in the middle positions for now. I laid a level across two old tires, with the new one in between, its about 1" taller than the new ones. weird.

Don't really understand why they are so different, all I can figure is that they are so old they stretched out over time.

+ Reply to Thread