Kid Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kid Tracks

Kid Tracks

I discovered that I need tracks for the Kid I just bought! Has anyone put Adair tracks on their Kid? The machine is awesome but the 8.5" tires sink in soupy mud. No fun getting unstuck in a Deer fly, mosquito infested swampy woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Images

I am usually a big fan if Adair tracks. They work great on 6-wheelers and most 8-wheelers. However, I spoke with Matt O a few years ago about them, and he mentioned that the weight of a Mudd-Ox was detrimental to the lifespan of the Adair tracks. I have to believe your Kid weighs a touch more than an Ox. I would suggest contacting Matt O and seeing if he will set up a pair of his Mudd-Ox tracks for your Kid. His tracks do have some swimming capabilities on certain machines. They are not open either so the floatation is better on snow and mud. Don't get me wrong though, Adair tracks are amazing in most situations, but with your heavy weight machine, I'm not sure I would recommend them in this particular situation.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Not asking you to spend any money, but, I'd bet 25's or 26's would work on there looking at the pictures. If you know someone with a set try the swamp with them on first.

Tracks may still need to come in time.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

LTV Kid

I have posted about getting stuck last week. I contacted Adair with regards to tracks. They can make a set of custom tracks....$$. They had me talk to Fox Valley argo since the owner test tracks in his swamp for Adair. He pointed out that even with tracks because of the weight(2200-2500 lbs. with driver) the Kid would have trouble in the Wis. swamp I hunt in. I have a question..... is there a Kid owner on this forum who actually drives his Kid in deep swamp muck ( we call it Loon **** here in Wi.). I assume the original steel tracks are a must. Because of their weight I don't think they are the answer. Kid owners??? Thank you!!!! P.S.- I might have a restored Kid for sale?
    Last edited by Mike; 06-09-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic

That is one nasty swamp Doug has there. If you look on Craig's list Eauclair WI. you'll see a tracked kid. You could talk to him. Or talk to Doug and take one of his machines for a test drive, you will be impressed for sure. Good luck.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

a machine with that weight can easily be tracked to work very well in the swamps. Just as well as anything else. That's really not THAT heavy. There are a few considerations to set it up properly, but its not a big deal. For starters, you just make your footprint a little bit wider. Shoot me a pm if you want, I'd be happy to give you input if nothing else.

there is some benefit to getting a newer, more modern machine, but it all comes down to $$.
    If you have a 10" or 12" wide tire currently, you could arguably remove tracks from your kid if you ever sold it, adjust the length and re-use them on a different machine (with a common 10" or 12" wide tire) without having to round up additional tire sets for either the kid or a replacement machine.

Hi Buzz, I have the original size tires (23 x 8.5 x 12) on the Kid. Can't really put a larger diameter tire on the Kid. Mike at Adair said the wider tire and rim they use is a tire designed for less weight and may be problematic on a heavy machine like the kid. I do have a Max IV that I can put Adair tracks on.............Kid owners who drive in swamp????

Adair Tracks for Kid

Mike has designed this grouser for my KId. Will be putting the tracks together in the next week. Can't wait to get them mounted!!IMG_1602.jpg
    Last edited by Mike; 07-09-2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: merged another thread on the same topic

New Adair Tracks

DSCN0194.jpgDSCN0195.jpgDSCN0196.jpgDSCN0197.jpgDSCN0198.jpgDrove to Adair and got my new tracks. Mike and his helper did a great job of fitting the tracks. What a great addition to a great old machine. Mike drove the Kid with the new tracks....I think he liked it. He let me drive a$25,000 Argo, nice machine....... I like my Kid much better. Thanks Mike for a great set of tracks and excellent service.... and the super Argo coat!!!!!! Drove 963 miles in one day...... well worth it!!!!

+ Reply to Thread