Flexco 550 pins

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flexco 550 pins

Flexco 550 pins

What do you guys use for pins in the 550 hinges, was not really impressed with the plastic coated cable. I could only get the 30" flexco kit and the cable is for the whole length, I cut pieces for the hinges but it does not look like they will stay in and I do not want the bare cable to migrate into a tire, or come out and lose a track.

I'm using 5/16" cold roll round stock to make mine. Welded a washer on one end and drill
    Other for cotter pin. Think I will move up to 3/8 " next time tracks come off. Argo rubber track pins are 3/8".

grade 8 bolt 3.5" long for 2 segments of 550. Small washer under the bolt head and another under the nyloc nut for the threaded end. Bolt head goes nearest the tire sidewall. You could use a longer bolt, but I don't like having any additional bolt thread length sticking toward the machine tub/skid-plate area on the inner belt when the track goes around, especially on a 12" wide tire. The cotter pin idea is a good one because it can never work loose. Anymore I really prefer an overlap for reliability and no clearance issues.
    Last edited by Buzz; 08-31-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks, was not sure how the hinges would hold up with pivoting on metal to metal contact.

Two seasons on mine now, no noticeable wear on pins or splice plates. I added them to 15"
    wide max tracks to make install easier.

+ Reply to Thread