Replacement Tires for Chaparral 6x6 Firestone Max Floatation Tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Replacement Tires for Chaparral 6x6 Firestone Max Floatation Tires

Replacement Tires for Chaparral 6x6 Firestone Max Floatation Tires

I recently purchased a 1970's Chaparral 6x6 to restore and all of the 3-lug Firestone 60" circumference Max Floatation tires are bad. I assume I will have to go to 8" rims and the 3-lug to 4-lug adapters, but what is the best rim offset and tire size should I get to replace the original tires. Has anyone had any experience with this?

This is one of the most commonly asked questions about vintage machines. First off, AVOID Route6X6/Richard's Relics for a number of reasons, extremely high prices, horrible customer service, etc. Second, is this the orange Chaparral from ebay? If so, it looked like a good candidate for restoration. Get a set of six 3 to 5 hub adapters from Adair Argo.

3 Bolt To 5 Bolt Adapters | Adair Argo Sales - We Ship Worldwide!

Get a set of Carlile tires here:

Carlisle AT101 Chevron Tires 599044 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at PowerSports Place

And then a set of rims here and you're set.

8X7 5 Bolt White Bell Trailer Wheel | RecStuff.com

Or if you'd like to save some money from buying new ones, you can always find used sets available from members here on 6X6World.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thank you for eliminating the guess work. I've looked at the links you provided and they are all better than anything I've come up with. Yes, it is the orange one from eBay recently. While I'm new to this, I also think it's a good restoration candidate. Everything except the engine is there but I do have a lot of work ahead of me to tackle some rust issues on the running gear. I have wanted a 6x6 ATV since the late 1960's so I intend to put some effort into this one now that I have the time. Thanks again for the advice.

Curious how these will hold up with low pressure and without bead lock??

I believe 4 Wheel Online is also on sale with their Carlisle ATV tires its 20% Off and Free Shipping. I just seen it via an ads.

Not sure how much that would make the Carlisle ATV tires on 4 wheel online, but I just bought my set of 6 AT101's in 21x11-8 from Summit Racing online and my total came to $383.82... Free shipping on top of that and they were at my door in 4 days, over the weekend even..

Quote Originally Posted by brunpup View Post
    Not sure how much that would make the Carlisle ATV tires on 4 wheel online, but I just bought my set of 6 AT101's in 21x11-8 from Summit Racing online and my total came to $383.82... Free shipping on top of that and they were at my door in 4 days, over the weekend even..
    Just checked the site, for AT101's in 21x11-8 set of 6 will cost around $380 + more less same with Summit racing.

+ Reply to Thread