Tracks for 24" tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracks for 24" tires

Tracks for 24" tires

Are there any tracks that will fit 24" runamucks?

If you have a Avenger or HDI you can run Argo Supertracks, Argo Rubber, Adair, Escargo, or Chanel tracks. What machine are you running?

From some of your other posts it looks like you might have a Max IV and if so you might have to do some modification to the tub to fit them on 24s.
    Last edited by thorn; 11-21-2015 at 12:04 AM.

I have a 96 Max IV, if i order the argo tracks for 24'' tires will they be the right length? I know ill have to reshape my tub for more clearance but i want to make sure they will be the right length.

I think the wheel base of your max is very close to that of a 6x6 Frontier. Verify that and then you will be able to get the right amount of segments. I read where another member tried to put argo supertracks on his Max IV and had to trim the inside section of the track to clear the tub as well. Make sure you research this more before spending your hard earned cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_andy25 View Post
    I have a 96 Max IV, if i order the argo tracks for 24'' tires will they be the right length? I know ill have to reshape my tub for more clearance but i want to make sure they will be the right length.

What tires do you have on your max now? With the 26 x12x12 teragrips you have to be able to place a 3/4" piece or material easily on top of the tires to have track clearance. This how I check a body for clearance and sag. With good clearance you can install tracks on 22" tires. I'm guessing but to get a set of super tracks on a IV you may need 4-5" spacers. I've tried to install trutrax on vehicles that didn't have clearance with 21" tires. Trutrax are very similar to plastic Argo tracks. With a really good body you can fit 22" Argo tires and Adair tracks with 2" spacers. Adair tracks are thicker than the plastic type.

a channel grouser is 1/2" tall and will frequently allow machines that don't have enough clearance (unless they modify their tub or purchase an additional set of smaller tires which can be expensive) to easily run tracks.
    One of many reasons to consider it, depending on your application. Here's a pic of a Max 2 with 21x11x8 tires and 2.5" spacers. 18.5" track
    For instance, I've been able to run channel tracks on a conquest 8x8 with 24x10x8 tires.
    Tub clearance is a little different (to the inside) on a max but easy to work around.
    Attached Images

i have 24x10x8 runamucks, can i fit those tracks on my tires on my max IV?

Martin, if you have the 24" Argo swimming tire and you are willing to put 2 1/2 to 3 inch spacers on your Max and you are willing to work with any problems you might encounter with body sag the channel tracks will work for you and they will actually gear your machine down a little. I don't know what engine you have in your machine but I would want at least 23 horse power. If you put in the time and effort I am sure that it would be a very potent combination and once you got everything sorted out it would be an unstoppable combination.

+ Reply to Thread