Help me identify these tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me identify these tracks

That track was used until about 1995-1996. Not sure on when it started. Friend had a mid 80s buffalo truck with them. When loaded heavy we had breakage of the aluminum guide bars and had trouble getting more in later years. I'm running the remains of them on a trailer. Nice lite track should work well on a II or IV not loaded to heavy. The beveled angle goes in.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    That track was used until about 1995-1996. Not sure on when it started. Friend had a mid 80s buffalo truck with them. When loaded heavy we had breakage of the aluminum guide bars and had trouble getting more in later years. I'm running the remains of them on a trailer. Nice lite track should work well on a II or IV not loaded to heavy. The beveled angle goes in.
    Thanks! That makes total sense because the machine is a 1993ish and was bought buy a power plant company that used it to drive power-line roads. They bought all of the accessories available. I don't plan on hulling any heavy loads, I'll just be buzzing around my land in it so hopefully they will last. If not o-well I guess. I'll definitely put the beveled side in, thanks.

So the aluminum actually broke?

Yes the center piece would break and then the rivits and cross bar would work loose. Buffalo truck can be loaded very heavy and was pretty rough ground. Snow or soft ground should be ok. Idd start with about 6 psi tire pressure with them. You will hear the guides trying to walk up the tires if pressure is to low. Dosent look like they have been fun very much from your pics.

looks like all the rubber belting is in good shape. if you pop a rivet just replace with a bolt and fender washers and lock nuts. if you break a guide, should be able to fabricate a better steel replacement if you weld. they look to be worth keeping usable. j.b.

Yeah they seem easy to work on and replace parts. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread