Help me identify these tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me identify these tracks

Help me identify these tracks

Hello all,
    These tracks came with an early 1990's Max IV. I have never seen any tracks like them on any google images. I guess I am just curious about them and who made them. I am quite sure they came with the machine when it was ordered from the dealer. I am also wondering if anyone has them and how well these particular tracks work in mud and snow.

I am going to put them on soon but I need to buy 2 wheels, 2 tires, and 2 spacers first. Those parts were all missing when I bought it. Previous owner said they were stolen.

They were a Factory option, think they were classified as the mud/snow track.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    They were a Factory option, think they were classified as the mud/snow track.
    Thanks!

As you can see from a few pictures the angle iron seems "worn down" on one side. Is that how the steel was designed or is that actually worn down on the one side? The previous owner said they only used the tracks a few times so I dont know if thats all it took to wear them down that much.

normal taper on one side, i want to say the taper faces to the inside so as to not grab the body when they bounce at speeds, maybe ? maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    normal taper on one side, i want to say the taper faces to the inside so as to not grab the body when they bounce at speeds, maybe ? maybe not
    Makes sense to me : )

i think also they are early max tracks. a buddy of mine here in va. bought an older max 4. they came with tracks that looked exactly the same. they performed very well. johnboy va.

Oh good. I cant wait to put them on and try them out.

Recreatives marketed these tracks with the rubber cross flaps as the extra flotation tracks. Their standard tracks came with only the metal cross members.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Recreatives marketed these tracks with the rubber cross flaps as the extra flotation tracks. Their standard tracks came with only the metal cross members.
    Interesting

+ Reply to Thread