Adair shackle tracks?????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Adair shackle tracks?????

Make sense, my hinges are running thin. Adair it is, now I have to decide on adair shackles, adair pro 14.5 or adair swamp tracks

Too many choices

I'm guessing these are shackle tracks?

Adair tracks for a Max2 - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by eers2ya View Post
    I'm guessing these are shackle tracks?

Adair tracks for a Max2 - Amphibious ATV Pictures
    Yes, that's them. I almost bought a set of those, but ended up going with the Pro Series for my Conquests.

RD

a few things i like about the shackle tracks ( which may be only for max 2's ) are : they are very quick and easy to install and remove, easy to adjust length with the extra links they send (long, medium, short ) and even though adair does'nt make them, i just fabricated snow kit belts for mine adding more footprint. was easy to make the pieces and can be removed with little effort. j.b.

I run tracks all year, longevity wise, any clue which set of tracks last longer?

one other thing about the adair shackle tracks is if you wear anything out or break something, you can buy every piece individually. they consist of the connecting links, bolts connecting the metal shackles and the track '' feet ''. good luck on your purchase. j.b.

Thank you...

If you have not purchased tracks yet, check out the Chanel tracks. They are made in Canada, you will get about 35% off the price right now with the exchange, they are very tough and adaptable. The steel cleat has very good traction and Marcel is excellent to deal with. You do not need the Tuners to run Chanels or Escargo tracks but any track will run better with them. You do not have to worry as much with indexing and pressures. The Adairs are very good to, if you have lots of rock, they would not be my first choice.

The Adair shackle track, or classic track was designed to compete with other similar track types at a lower price point than the pro series.Adair builds very few of these any more, mostly the pro series. After seeing lots of pro series tracks with lots of hours on,the only thing that was wearing, was the surface of the grosser that comes in contact with the ground. This actually improves the traction in certain situations as the surface grabs more.The pro series does not wear on the sidewalls,or on the tires that much at all,and is half the weight of the escargots.IMO, the last thing that will fail on your unit will be the pro series tracks,as they are tried and true.

Lets keep it fair. I know it's a shackle track thread, and I know it's your job to market what you sell, but you gotta keep everything on the up and up.
    Your track comparison weights are incorrect by a long shot, even for escargo
    You sell and market the pro-series tracks and are a 6x6world.com site vendor or sponsor best I can tell, so it's probably okay?
    What does a pro-series or shackle track weigh, and what is the cost (probably varies by model)?
    For comparison, a 19" wide channel track for a conquest 8x8 is 97 lbs. Moving to an 21-21" avenger track adds maybe 10-15 lbs.
    The lowest possible price point with the best possible performance should be the goal of any track. Wear life of ground-contact surface is certainly one factor though and I believe the one that was in question
    I get the impression (via the website) that the shackle tracks are more expensive than the pro-series. What is the main benefit to running shackles vs. rubber belting on a ground-level flat-belted track such as the pro-series?
    For clarification the channel and escargo style tracks are "elevated-belt" tracks.
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-06-2016 at 07:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread