max 2 tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: max 2 tracks

[QUOTE=mikethered;195098] Mcmaster didn't have belting my size. they did have 3", which is my width but nothing thick enough, mine are 1/4" thick. Any other ideas on where to find belting? QUOTE]

Hey Mike, good morning. Just a suggestion on finding some belting, if you know anyone that works in a gravel operation, coal mine or quarry, the conveyors belts used to move product use the thick stuff and they often replace sections that wear. With any luck they will let you haul it off, although it will be very wide. Good luck // RR

Another thought would be potato harvesting equipment. I live in Northern Maine and we have a place that makes equipment for potato harvesting and they use many types and thickness of belting material that are reinforced.

Larry

so ive now welded the hubs in place, cutting the center studs out. Ive built a frame for a winch and physically installed it on the front and ran the wires through the body. I reinforced a flimsy roll bar mount and pulled the front chains off. Ive sanded down and repainted the rims (they were mismatched colors), sanded down the body, filled a couple body holes and done a base paint job. The base is army green and I'll finish that with a tiger stripe camo pattern i think. I now have the tracks cut and nearly ready to bolt together. Just deciding on how tight they need to be and how to go about that. I still need to get my batteries shoved in there and do the wiring for the headlights and roll bar lights. I wouldn't mind fixing the rear tail lights and getting the drain pump wired up either. I'll put up a couple pictures when im all done. I really appreciate the directions and suggestions guys, its been quite helpful. You guys rock

Looks like I've got the tracks together now. Clearance still looks tight, we'll see. I'm finishing the details, wiring, topcoat, etc... I'll put up a pic or two when I finish. Hopefully I'll get most of it done tomorrow.

I tested the tracks today and it was a fail. They keep trying to come off while making even moderate turns. Need to be tighter? Tires at 5 psi.

Pictures are good, different angles are better.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

yea, take some good pics and we can better analyze the problem. they will work... just may need a few tweaks here and there. many of us have had the same experience, but trial and error has brought success. johnboy va.

I'll try to get some pics up today. I may try adding another psi of pressure and see if it'll ride better.

+ Reply to Thread