I want to buy some tracks but I have some ??'s

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I want to buy some tracks but I have some ??'s

I want to buy some tracks but I have some ??'s

I have a 2010 750 HDI with the larger tires (25 x 12.00.9). I want some tracks but I keep hearing about tuners, spacers, etc. I hear about some tracks that trap mud and dirt a cause problems. Is that true? Do tracks require a lot of maintenance? What are differences in the different brands. I know I want rubber tracks and I ride on rocks, ponds, and mud. Any suggestions, info, and help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Argonemudn; 03-27-2016 at 09:37 PM.

The best bet is to check out the videos on this site, I perused many many videos of all sorts until I made my mind up of what I thought would suit my needs. I selected channel type elevated belt for my type of terrain. They are a bit aggressive for hard pack trails but really perform when the going gets tough. RR

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 03:14 PM.

We love our Adair Pro Series tracks in the marsh. We run deep, sticky mud with the consistancy of peanut butter or ice cream. We travel slow, usually less than 5 mph, but we always get where we are going. We don't have any rocks, logs, etc., just open marsh and shallow bays/flats.

Hey argonemudn, I have a 2009 750 EFI avenger with escargo tracks, track tuners and appropriate spacers.
    My father is running a conquest with a hybrid Adair/escargo track system.
    They are both elevated track systems which I definitely recommend over the ground level track system, which from our experience is far superior to ground level or the rubber Argo brand type tracks.
    The reason the elevated track systems are better is that even if your tires go flat or low the tracks won't come off, they also turn somewhat easier.
    I can honestly say my full escargo track have out performed all track types and we have tried them all.
    I wouldn't trade my tracks for any other type they work on every surface type extremely well.

Take care
    Rock

Has anybody tried the Adair elevate tracks if so I would like to here your 2 cents

Like previously stated watch the videos and read threads on this forum lots to learn not only on what the different tracks will do but also how experienced users maneuver their machines. Secondly, take a logical approach and think through how each track will perform by their design(when you eat why do you use a spoon, fork and knife). Third think about what is your most extreme terrain you need to get through( mud, hills, snow, rock, muskeq ect). Some tracks excel in certain places better than others. Budget may also be a considersation, value for $$$ spent for most of us is important. I did not need the most extreme track out there and I saved about $1000.

So. After this weekend with Adair and Rubber tracks present, and you finding that your machine went near where they did, what conclusion did you come to?
    Surely you asked plenty of questions of the individuals pros and cons and watched what they did? Did your machine go where you thought it might not on just tires?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Argonemudn View Post
    I have a 2010 750 HDI with the larger tires (25 x 12.00.9). I want some tracks but I keep hearing about tuners, spacers, etc. I hear about some tracks that trap mud and dirt a cause problems. Is that true? Do tracks require a lot of maintenance? What are differences in the different brands. I know I want rubber tracks and I ride on rocks, ponds, and mud. Any suggestions, info, and help would be appreciated.
    You said you want rubber tracks-Rubber tracks do not swim. The ARGO rubber tracks I have seen ARE VERY WIDE and work very well in the snow, very well in mud, but they do have a draw back, if you get them in pudding mud (check the video) the mud can't fall through the tracks and they don't clean out, mud builds up on them and gets between the tracks and the tub.
    I have not seen the Channel tracks personally but from what I have seen they are an excellent design but I have heard owners say THEY DO NOT SWIM unless they are modified!
    The Escargo design swims but not real fast, they are excellent in the mud and harsh condition as witnessed by many videos posted on the site. My beef with the Escargo design is that they require axle extensions and if you want your chains and bearings to live you need track tuners on the middle two wheels which will allow the middle tires to free wheel with out power going through them-meaning with the turners your not going to kill your chains and bearings as quickly.
    I have owned four machines with Adair tracks-The reasons I go with the Adair's are:
    1.) They swim, not fast but at a good clip on ponds and in swamp conditions (anyone with tires will swim faster).
    2.) They DO NOT REQUIRE WHEEL EXTENSIONS!
    3.) They clean out very well in pudding mud and just keep moving! They don't clog up.
    4.) They turn a lot easier then tires and they allow the tires to slip a little inside the tracks which means I don't need track turners.
    5.) They are only 14 1/2 inches wide and allow me to go down trails and in between trees where I couldn't move with rubber tracks, Escargo or channel tracks.
    6.) PROBABLY MOST IMPORTANT-The Adair s don't tear up my machine and don't suck a lot of power away from my machine and require very little maintenance!!!!!

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 05-05-2016 at 01:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread