dry rot repair?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dry rot repair?

dry rot repair?

I've been doing some research and can't seem to find a decent answer, CAN YOU repair sidewall cracks with urethane glue like windshield calking or a super glue like GOOP or Gorilla glue? both stay flexible and are somewhat water proof. Inflate tires so that the glue dries without putting stress on the crack once air is in them. Tires hold air and I will be using tubes but the cracks are not only UGLY but also may catch on a rock or root and rip wide open. I just don't feel justified on spending twice what the machine is worth on tires.
    Watch where that lands, I might need it later.

I dont think you can do anything for dryrot cracks.The rubber is completely dried out and becoming brittle.You could try ,but any repair would be temporary,I would use my time and money for newer(used)replacement tires...

Your best bet is to just run tubes, I hate tubes and hate suggesting them but thats about the cheapest trick that will work. I would also glue the bead to the rim with some urethane to prevent the tire from slipping, if a tire spins on the rim it can take the valve stem out.
    Last edited by Canadian_Zuk; 05-31-2016 at 06:36 AM.

not sure if a few layers of ''flexseal spray on rubber '' would work, but may be worth a try on 1 tire. check their products out online. good luck and if you try it let us know the results. johnboy va.

Depending on the severity of the dry rot, slime or a similar product may also be worth trying.

+ Reply to Thread