Flat Tire with Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flat Tire with Tracks

Flat Tire with Tracks

Pulled my Hytrotrax out to get ready for duck season and noticed I have a flat tire. Hoping some green slime will stop the slow leak, but if I have to replace the tire I am dreading pulling the track pin to pull the tire...getting it on was a pain. Anyone ever pull all three tires and the track together...repair or replace the tire...put full assembly back on?

I tried that ONCE, didn't work for me. I ended up sucking all the air out of the tires with a shop vac to re-install them with the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    I tried that ONCE, didn't work for me. I ended up sucking all the air out of the tires with a shop vac to re-install them with the tracks.
    My experience was the same. Shop vac is the way to go. Pull the valve cores, vac the tires down onto the rims and stick the valve cap back on to keep your vacuum. Install your tracks and inflate the tires. I start with just the front and rear tires on, fight the tracks on, then I install my middle tire. My tracks are a continuous loop though, I wish I had a fancy hinge pin.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Neat idea
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

This is a great idea...it is only a matter of time before I have to pull a wheel. I have an old shop vac, but no attachments that would fit in the valve stem...did you jury rig something or is there a part I can purchase?

flat tire with tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Bscout View Post
    This is a great idea...it is only a matter of time before I have to pull a wheel. I have an old shop vac, but no attachments that would fit in the valve stem...did you jury rig something or is there a part I can purchase?
    I just held the hose end over the valve stem as tightly as I could and the shop vac sucked it flat.

I just use a rag to form a better seal around the hose and rim.

I tapped a piece of 3/8 fuel hose into a small attachement ant it sticks over the stem without holding it. In the field I wrap rope or strap arround the tire and twist it up to crush it. Install the cap until track is back on, then install center tire and inflate.

I've got this attachment for my shop vac that works great on the valve stem. Not sure where to get it though. The guy I got the machine from gave it to me.
    Attached Images
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread