Where to buy bearing cages?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to buy bearing cages?

Where to buy bearing cages?

All these tracks available but no one selling bearing cages? I've looked like crazy, haven't seen any for sale. Muddox says they can make a custom set, might be the route I'm forced to go.. You'd think with the companies selling tracks that these would be readily available.
    To have adventures, you must go places where adventures can happen.

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago. I had a bent bearing cage, so I had a local machine shop fix it to get me going, but in about 2 months they are going to build some for me.

seems like on a machine like a max 2 with the three bolt flange and bearing...it would be possible to pull the axle out, slip on a extra flange and bearing.. then reinstall axle and use longer flange bolts thru the body, then some spacers between the body bearing and the one on out on the axle .. tighten up and you have a bearing cage. it's not enclosed, but would still give good support. sound feasable ? johnboy va.

Making my own seems to be the only way as no one has pointed me to any for sale and I can't find them online anywhere for Max IV. I've been searching like crazy through the forum finding info on what others have done and so far this threat here seems to be the way I'll end up going. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...-bearings.html There was a thread with some heavy duty aluminum double sealed 62mm flanges that I'd like to use and am waiting on emails back from the guys who were talking about it. I did see one set where someone made some exactly like you mentioned for a max IV and it seemed to work, so your idea works!
    To have adventures, you must go places where adventures can happen.

+ Reply to Thread