Runamuks vs Old Rawhides

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Runamuks vs Old Rawhides

Runamuks vs Old Rawhides

WOW! what a difference! Since I built my first (and still only) Attex,the only wheel/tire combo I was able to run where these OLD Rawhide Terra-Tires,the rubber itself is as hard as it can be.Compounded by the fact that I had to keep MIN 5 psi in four of them(the four corners of the machine) or they would bleed down to zero in a matter of hours.The middle two were hopeless,basicly any air placed in them was gone in short order too. 5 lug adaptors installed which accept my nice 22-10x8 Goodyear Runamuks.These are the "track" tires for my Argo.They came with it.They are on nice,clean,good quality,bead lock wheels.4 wh/tire are "like new", 2 are in very good condition,just worn a triffle more than the other four.Said 4 will hold .5~1 psi for long periods of time,the other two need 2.5 psi (which holds real well too) to get the circumference to 70" like the 4 "better" ones.So,now I have front and mid tires at .5~1 psi and the two rears at 2.5 psi.WOW!!! What an improvement!!! I never dreamed this machine could ride so nice! (springers gotta really be sweet!). I can run over 1 ~ 1 1/2" dia. sticks at 15 mph and really not even feel them!! Also,the tread pattern which I originaly considered to be somewhat "conservative" is proving to be quite capable.I like it.Trail rode for 5 hrs last sat at pine lake raceway,Zero field de-rimmings,awesome "floating" and the only times I got stuck was being high centered in big Jeep ruts. WOW is my final answer,lol. But,seriously,I had no idea what degree of bearing tires had on these machines. It is becoming apparent to me that wheels/tires are possibly one of the more "important" area's of these machines to focus on. If you can afford nice wheels/tires I would say,go for it,its probably going top be a significant improvement to your machine. Plus I picked up a little over 3/4" addt'l ground clearance going from the 65" circ. rawhides to the 70" circ runamuks.
    Before
    After

Joe.

Joe.
    Last edited by JoeMeg; 09-18-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added photos

They look really good on there as well. Did you take it in the pond to see how they swam?

Thanks Mike. We had a good amount of tstorms mid last week and Pine Lake trails were ideal,lots of mud holes and just generaly wet.Some of the trails are worn down to the clay and those turns were a blast with the runamuk tread. I was having so much fun on the trails I never even thought about swimming until I drove past the lake on the way out of the park

Joe.

+ Reply to Thread