aquatorque tires in snow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: aquatorque tires in snow

aquatorque tires in snow

Hi, I've seen some reviews about the aquatorque but none about them in snow. Did anybody ever tested them in snow? How well do they go? I have an avenger 2005.
    Jack

The main reason that you probably have'nt seen any reviews of the Aqua torque tire in snow, is because this is a mud tire and not recommended for snow use

Thank you mudbug. I guess I'll have to wait for anough money to put adair tracks and use them all year round.
    Jack

Jack

Start saving your money up for the Adair tracks ,and you'll be like so many people that have tried these amazing tracks out, you won't be disappointed that you bought them.

Anything over about 12" of snow make it very difficult to get around when on tires, but thinking that you will just throw a set of tracks on to solve all your problems is not realistic. Even Adair tracks come in different configurations, narrow/wide and now different generations are more/less of a open or closed face design. Currently the most common design out there is probably the Chain Linked style which is easily assembled in narrow or wide versions that are open faced down the center of the track, but closed along the outer edges. the wider you go, the better your floatation will be. Great for winter, not as great for summer. The Plate Linked Adairs have little to no closed face qualities and would not provide great floatations, however, they look like they are VERY strong and "twist resistant". I think they would shine in very harsh summer conditions. Lastly, are the Belt Linked Adairs. My thought is that this design is going to work well in most condition, and is robust enough to handle almost anything. (I just received 2 sets of these from Adair). The No Maintenance, high strength, and low noise qualities of this design attracted me to them.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is not one system that will be great in all conditions, decide what conditions you will spend most of your time riding in and decide from there what will work best for you.

These are just thoughts, I've not tried Aquatorqes, nor have I tried all track designs.

RD

Rock Doctor

I have the new 1/4 " inch , metal plate, Adair design tracks. I ride at atv parks and when it has'nt rained in a while , the atv ruts get REALLY HARD. This is why I chose the new metal plate design. The Adair metal plate , track design is a little heavier than the chain link Adair track design, but the 1/4" inch metal plates won't have any stretch to them.

Another reason I'm trying the Belt Linked design is the "less than 1% stretch over 5 yrs" comment made by the Belting Manufacturer.
    Can't wait to get home and see what I bought, lol

Mudbug, did you get carbon or stainless plates and bolts for hardware?

RD

Rock Doctor

The plates are steel,( the two in the middle are T-1 steel and plates on either side are standard grade steel ) and the bolts are 3/8 commercial grade shoulder bolts with air craft locking nuts on the ends.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-15-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Hi, I can't see the new metal plate adair design on adair web site. Is that an improvement you made yourself or it's a new style of adair track? Do you have any pictures of your metal plates. How well you think it will go in snow?
    Jack

You will need to call and talk to Tim directly. They also do a lot of custom tracks.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread