rawhide work in water

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rawhide work in water

rawhide work in water

will a rawhide work in water or do i have to flip them iam running them straight now like vtread i ride alot of mud and water
    Last edited by Mike; 04-15-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: moved thread from Max forum to Tire forum

In order to swim with them, run them the way you see here:

Photo from Max's site here: Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511

Thanx mike only problem is i have the old rawhides they are flipped they do good in water but get me stuck in mud

Will they swim at all the other way they seem to get me stuck in mud that way

Regardless of the style of rawhide, you need to run them this way for the best water speed. Turn the front two tires if you are going to run any of them the other way. Really the issue is the tire itself. The original Rawhide isn't the best tire for mud either way you run it but you can play around with tread direction to see what works best for you.

Ok thanx man for the info

The 21x11x8 Goodyear Rawhides, when all facing backwards, are one of the fastest swimming tires out there for the Max II. Unfortunately, they're not that great in the mud, but they're decent. Swimming, mudding ability and ride quality is rarely something found all in one tire......it's a going to be a tradeoff.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Over the years I have found minimal difference in what way the tire is facing in the mud,It does make a big difference in water.If you are in mud such as you say the lugs will only dig you down quicker and put you on the skidplate.If this is a concern in a particular situation, turn around and back thru the mud.I dont think the tire mounted backwards will get you STUCK any easier,it may aid you in backing out in some situations.

+ Reply to Thread