argo meat wagon

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: argo meat wagon

It can take a while to heat the water, depends on how you do it. I built a heater out of a section of Stove pipe, a coil of stainless tubing, and a tiger torch. I guess I could take the chill of the water in that tub in 30-45 minutes. Good enough to clean the kids up anyway :-)

My Dad and I use the Argo for hunting every fall and we have 2 trailers for the occasion.

This trailer we picked up for free and made the wooden sides and we use it for moving around firewood, drit/gravel, and meat. Might add a walking beam to this one in the future

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This trailer is the trappers and has a walking beam which makes it tow so easily that you can forget its even there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fuel can holder add on

IMG00138-20110510-2047.jpgIMG00143-20110513-2030.jpgIMG00142-20110510-2052.jpgIMG00144-20110513-2030.jpg

Decided I needed a fuel can holder. I welded a set up on the front to hold 2 jerry cans of fuel. That should free up room on the top for other stuff. I really wanted to do the same on the rear but I am worried about it dragging on drop offs. I will post more pics of it all together with the lid on latter.

IMG00139-20110510-2048.jpgIMG00136-20110507-1649.jpgIMG00137-20110507-1650.jpg
    A few more pictures the one iss the bottom side of the top with the seal i put on it. the other is the ring I welded on, I have one on the rear as well. I can say those two things where priceless on my moose hunt. If I got stuck I was able to disconnect and hook up a strap and just pop it out.

BCSteve, Just starting to build one like yours, but a couple feet longer. Great looking trailer! Any plans for this trailer available?

No plans but I had mine build with the help of some pictures sent to me by a poster on another forum so I'll be happy to return the favor. Send me you email address in a pm and I'll send you some pictures.

BC STEVE I like your trailer design, best I've seen for what we want it to do. I have a Question I notice that the pivot point is above the walking beam. Ever had the beam flip over, or is there a stop somewhere I never noticed. By the looks of it if the beam flipped over it would be lopsided. Just want your feedback on how the trailer works in the bush, and what you might do differently.
    Doug
    Last edited by Terra; 05-01-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Here are a few pics of a trailer I built. I also build them in 5' models. Havnt had time to build any for a few yrs now though.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

RD

woops

How did the trailer work out for you? Im in Fairbanks and looking to have a friend build me one. Did it track behind you well? I used a pack rat last hunting season and it was the 4wheeler size. i drug it through the swamp holes and it and you could feel it holding you back. Im thinking to make the wheel base as wide as the argo. Thanks
    support your local search and rescue unit and get lost.

+ Reply to Thread