Not sure if I have a problem or not...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Not sure if I have a problem or not...

The valves could very well be the problem the more I think about it. When I got it it had sat 4-5 years and the first crank I slipped the rods. Had to tap the valves with a hammer to free them. Good chance they have a fair amount of nasty on them that needs to burn off.

the plugs are they bpr2es? never mind i see the plugs you stated now. i am leaning toward the valves as well since it has a great power loss.

Well when I got it I pulled and cleaned the fuel tank but I'm thinking I may have missed a deposit somewhere. I pust pulled the fuel line and turned the key on and got some really nasty Amber colored crap fuel. Time to pump the tank dry and start over. May have found the problem. Will keep posted

Might as well replace fuel lines too they r prob breaking down as well along with the filter. Sorry just read where u have already.

Adjusted the valves to exactly .010, cleaned the carb again, flushed the fuel til it came out the right color (I'm guessing it was a residual deposit in the bottom of the tank). Seems to have a little more spunk now but I haven't tested it at wide open on a flat. Valves may have been a little off. I also can't find the BRM2A plugs at the auto parts stores so I'm still running the 4a plugs but that shouldn't make much of a difference. I bumped up the idle a half turn and it idles much better now and stays running with each single solo.

Good deal keep us posted on how the rides goes

Just rode it a bit. Seems to have more spunk now and climbing in low range is definitely much better but it still seems to lack top end in high range. 10 is about all it will do with the tracks on. I know the tracks put a lot of drag on it though. Is this normal speed with tracks or should I be doing better? I'm ok if it is I just want to know if I should continue looking for a problem that may or may not exist.

Read up on clutch tuning. You'll need a way to monitor RPM to get it dialed in.

And check this out: High Alt tuning.pdf

Good info, I ordered the #108 jet but wasn't aware of the clutch weights. I'm thinking I may be getting as expected performance due to my elevation. Is the clutch tuning done primarily to the Driven clutch? By adjusting the spring tension slot?

Weights in drive pulley to get into the power band. Spring tension in driven to shift up and down to meet the load.

+ Reply to Thread