95 conquest carb issue

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 95 conquest carb issue

95 conquest carb issue

I have a 95 conquest and I run at high altitude. It is running the 112 jet and was bogging down on incline so I ordered the 108. Got sent the wrong jet but went to change the plugs and realized my front plug is white and my rear plug is slightly damp and otherwise normal looking. I have pulled plug wires and know it's firing on both cylinders. Thoughts guys?

Also I have checked and re-checked the rods, not bent. I got it after setting for many years and slipped a rod due to sticky valves which are now free. So I have had the rods out

my guess it is a two barrel carb and one at times it is getting fuel to both sides. if one is lean and two is rich there then is a fuel issue. did you pull off the plug wires one at at time? if not try that and if it dies out take a spray bottle with gas and see if you can keep it running and if so you know where to start from there.. the carb.. but first i would buy new plugs and confirm it is running lean or fat and which cylinder is what then pull the oppsite plugs wire to see if it runs or stalls...

I pulled the wires one at a time and it is the single barrel carb. That's what has me stumped is why ones lean and one isn't. I also checked the valve lash and set at exactly .010 all the way around. It is the front cylinder that is lean.

Have a bad valve that is burnt. Do a compression check and a leak down test

Maybe you haven't run it enough since the rod repair. Put new plugs in and run it awhile.
    Or a mouse nest in the intake manifold.
    Or an air leak in the intake on that side.

Ok so I threw new plugs in it and seafoam in the gas to burn any garbage off the valves. Took it out and it was still underpowered at high elevation. I was climbing a step hill in low with the family loaded in. About half way up it really lost power and belched a ton of oily smoke. I let off and let it clear and turned around and it seemed ok. Leads me to believe I definitely need at minimum a valve job and a ring inspection.

Just a quick update, I ordered a new 108 jet from argoadventure.com and after two (what we thought were defective) jets, we discovered that they have their website wrong and the jet listed for the fd620 is actually the jet for the fd750. Hopefully will have a replacement soon. I decided to go ahead and do a valve job and have now discovered Kawasaki no longer makes the springs so I'm trying to find some replacements.

I had a similar issue with my Conquest when I bought it because of old gas. I run at high altitude as well and my problem was the pin in my fuel solenoid shut off was stuck forward and restricting the the flow of fuel into the jet. Just sprayed carb cleaner around the pine and worked it free with pliers. The solenoid unsrews from the side of the carb. It has a wire running to it that you can unplug about 8" back on it wire. I would also change out the fuel lines and fuel filter. I run the 108 jet as well.
    Last edited by thorn; 04-22-2016 at 10:05 AM.

My fuel solenoid was clipped so it's not an issue but is on my list of things to replace. My lines and filter were so gunned up I had no choice but to replace. I'm guessing the valves and 108 jet should take care of any of the remainder of my problems

+ Reply to Thread