Almost time for tracks!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Almost time for tracks!

Almost time for tracks!

Getting ready to do my first service, wheel swap and track install on my 1994 Max IV. I’ll be removing the 26” tires and hubs to swap in the 21” tires and install the tracks. From what I’ve read you need to remove the middle (or leave off in my case) tires and deflate the outside ones to so tall the tracks. My question is, I thought I read somewhere that you remove the front drive chains when running tracks? Is this true? This is all new to me so any help would be appreciated!

DannyP, When I put on my Adairs, I lift up my TOY and I let the air out of all my tires. I put two straps on and bring them together. Put the bolts in and undo the straps. I fill each Tire up, take it off the jacks. That is the only advice I can give. Do not have a Max but putting the tracks on are the same, as long as there Adair Pro Series.

Are they factory Max rubber tracks?
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

E7F92DF6-7E9A-495E-BC46-5D5EC0E7A6CD.jpgYup, factory max rubber tracks

My tracks are all one piece, so I don’t think that method would work. Watched a YouTube video where they had a machine jacked up and rolled them on basically the same way you’d put in a drive belt more or less.

You’re on the right track ( pun intended) I use a shop vac to suck the air out of the tires with the valve stem removed then put the cap back on quick to help with rolling them on. Attached is a pic of the shop vac attatnent. At least remove the front chains I recommend removing the front and center chains to prevent chain wind up. Rubber tracks are hard on things.
    Attached Images
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it right. The guy gave me a print out of how to do it but it’s definitely not the best instructions. Figured I’d come ask the folks that have done this a time or two haha.

I put my max iv up on the lift . Let the air out of the tires and roll my tracks on like a belt. Its a grunt but doable and I am just shy of 60 so i am sure you can
    do the same . ��

So after pulling the air out of tires they don’t want to hold air and leak when trying to fill them. Any chance to resear the bead while they’re on the machine with the tracks on? I’d really rather not go thru the hassle of taking them off and trying to get them back on ��

Post a full picture of the machine with the tracks on, I have an idea but don't wish to comment til after.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread