It's too slow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's too slow

It's too slow

My Bigfoot seems to be slowing down in this cold. I changed the transmission fluid because it was white and the constancy of Elmer's glue. It helped for a day or 3 but didn't take long for the new, clean gear lub to become white and glue like. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Welcome to the site. What transmission do you have?

I don't know. I bought this machine 2 years back. It has reverse, low and high, how many different transmission choices are there?

there is a set of letters denoting ratio.

drain fluid again try to suck out what doesn't come out. repeat as necessary

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

34187 HU
    These are the numbers that are on top of the transmission.

High speed trans like mine, they dont like the bottom.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I don't know what that means

thers high, low, medium ratio options. obviously high ratio trans are faster and have less torque low end power unlike the low ratio option which is slower and has lots of power. the medium(M) which i have is in between ratio and can be used with tracks without a problem. im not sure if the bigfoots used diff abbreviations but 90s models used HU MU GU. you may have water in the bottom of your transmission that u cant get out

Yes you do have water in there it will take forever to get it out you could try to run it with kerosene for a few min. but no longer than drain. but oil soaked with water is pretty hard to remove .if you leave it sit for a bit you should notice water first than oil when you drain it .the problem is water soaked oil is all over the inside of the case. good luck at least the case did not freeze and crack.

So this is supposed to be a high-speed transmission. I do have tracks on it, they came on it. Took it out yesterday and clocked it at 11mph in high gear. I'm sure it was faster before my wife sank it in the pond. So water in the tranny makes sense. I'll flush and keep you posted. Thankful

+ Reply to Thread