New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 722 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 556 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hoot ETV

Anyone heard if Hoot went out of business?
    Can't get in touch with them.
    Weren't they supposed to come out with an 8 wheeled version?

Quote Originally Posted by komoka View Post
    Thanks for the info about the engines. I have decided to put another 18hp vanguard in. I was nervous putting a different motor in. It takes at least two weeks to get briggs and stratton parts here. If something was ordered wrong my grand kids would be dissappointed if I didn,t have it going when they arrived. So my new motor is on its way. This way I can drop it in and not worry about any problems I hope, and also use the same muffler.(no garage and it was -19C this morning) Thanks again.

-19C Was -2F here Nice and toasty!!!

Think you probably made a good move there using same engine as before. Good luck and stay warm.

Anyone heard whether hoot went out of business?

Quote Originally Posted by bigpopr View Post
    Anyone heard whether hoot went out of business?
    I thought I may have heard something about them going outta business but dont quote.

You should start a new post. Probably get a better response.

Take care.

Hoot ETV

Thanks, Larry. I hate to hear that. Was an interesting concept.
    Not too good with this posting stuff
    I just got a mckee and i am going to work on this thing in the Spring. You think 8hp is enough? Needs an engine and I have a donor from a snow blower. Your thoughts

missed the first round

didn't do this when I joined so I'll do it now..I'm fasteddie, simple country boy loves the outdoors. firm believer in "it aint a sport unless it has a motor.Live in Cape girardeau, mo an the banks of the Mississippi river and all it's mucky areas here. trips into shawnee national forests proves to be an adventure by itself. Out of the amphibs for some years but recently got the bug bite again. buddy of mine (now a member here, I intro'd him ) have had these things for years ('bout 30). started with a hustler and still hustler at hearts. Although we do have several hustlers, an argo 8 and at present several maxII's. we largely make our own parts, as one of us has access to a machine shop. always looking for hustler parts. Found a great site here..has helped in so many ways. From new friends to how-to's. hats off to Mike, and thanks for the help of some of the members.....dirty side down......fasteddie.

fasteddiesllc ,

Hello and welcome to the fastest growing amphib forum on the web. A lot of members that have joined the forum recently also have Hustlers. This seems to be a trend. I have two Hustler 980 Bigfoots myself. What Hustler models do you and your friends have?

Metalstech

Hi All !
    Some call me the Metalmaniac or Johnboy

I live in NE Illinois, just north of Chicago.
    I'm recently a retired aircraft machinist/welder of almost 30 years of service.

I've been an AATV owner, operater, and of coarse a mechanic for almost 20years now.
    I have 3 of these 6 wheelers. My first was a Scrambler with a 400cc. Lloyd 2-stroke,and dual pressure plate cluthes for trans. Now I've upgraded it to a yamaha 480cc in the buggy. Very FAST! My second is a MAX with a 20HP Vanguard and T20 trans. My third is another Scrambler which I'm converting to Hydrostatic drive, planning stage now.

I look forward to communicating on this site with all of you to share ideas and wisdom of this FUN hobby.

Glad to be here!
    Johnboy

Hi all from N.B. Canada - MaxII new guy to the site.

Hello all. Been taking the time here lately to check out the 6X6World site and figured I'd register. I'm the owner of an old (??) MaxII now for a few months which is somewhat modified and have been enjoying getting back out on the logging roads and trails around here since the summer. Used to get out in the bush years ago with snowmobiles, dirtbikes and an old Jeep I had, and I'd forgotten how much fun it can be. I'm a mechanic by trade and can see that the MaxII is pretty basic (which is a good thing compared to the needless complexity of most stuff now sold!).

Because this unit has been modified somewhat, and that I don't exactly know how it was set up initially, I'd like to obtain a parts manual, or any blowout diagrams showing the drive chains and any braking that may have been part of it as-built.......If anyone has such and could scan it, or provide a link to a download or otherwise "part" with theirs, I'd be interested.

Thanks eh

Gord

Older MaxII

Gord,Hi eh, To get the right parts manual it is necessary to know the serial number. The size and type of engine would also be a clue. Hollow or solid axles? Disc or drum emergency brake,etc. Get the number and phone Racreatives industries in Buffalo is my advice. Eldon Carpenter lives near Fredericton and has a Maxii. Good luck

+ Reply to Thread