newbie needs tire help.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newbie needs tire help.

newbie needs tire help.

have a 1985 8x8 with 20 x 11-8 factories, there garbage now since the 8x8's been parked for 5 years. wondering if i can put 22 x 11-8 on it or whats a good size to upgrade to. wont be swimming the beast, just running hard pack and trail. and 2 ply or 4 ply??
    any help would be greatly apreciated.
    was looking at the tires on this page.
    Nankang ATV Tires

well there are things to consider with tire plys 4s will ride better but 6 plys will be more stout resting sticks, rocks, and busting a bead. i prefer 6plys and slime in the tires beacuse i dont like working on them. there are lots of posts on this site that will healp you deside on swim ability and toughness. just look tiers and wheels talk good luck.

8x8 tire help ..please

posted this earlier and dint really get a good response, i know im going with min 4ply but can someone enlighten me on if 22 will fit on the below mentioned 8x8...

"have a 1985 8x8 with 20 x 11-8 factories, there garbage now since the 8x8's been parked for 5 years. wondering if i can put 22 x 11-8 on it or whats a good size to upgrade to. wont be swimming the beast, just running hard pack and trail. and 2 ply or 4 ply??
    any help would be greatly apreciated.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-26-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: threads merged...no need for two of the same threads

What kind of 8x8? argo I assume, but there are a few more. 22 will fit an argo

I have a 1997 Argo Response and have started putting 22x11-8 Swamp Fox tires on it. The engine hasn't run right since I started putting the tires on it so I can't comment on their performance yet, but they fit.

J

He's got an '85, and I don't know myself, but it's been discussed what size will fit the earlier bodies.. That carlilse powertrack 21x8 ? comes to mind..

I also have a 1985 Argo 8x8. I have 22x11x8 tires on it.

thank you.

+ Reply to Thread