Executioner tire vs ASX tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Executioner tire vs ASX tire

The only two versions of the ASX tire that I,m aware of , is the ASX right ( 26x13.00-12 R ) and the ASX left ( 26x13.00-12 L ). These are the tire sizes that jpswift1 is running on his Hustler Bigfoot. The lugs on these tires are the same on the left and the right.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 03-21-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    JP what directions are you running your tires? I have a low body Hustler with 25 rawhides and the speed is very poor. I will eventually re body it with a Bigfoot lower tub and Intercon ASX tires I see there are 2 versions of the ASX tires. one has taller treads. Which version do you run?
    Hi Marc, I'm running all of mine forward. You will be very happy with the results of your machine when you have the big tub and the ASX tires. There seems to be some confusion on the two different styles of Vampire tires out there. There are the TSL Vampire ASX's that only come in 26" sizes......their tread depth isn't as deep as the TSL Vampire tires. They have an aggressive sidewall tread exclusive to this model and faster in the water. Here is a link to the ASX's.

TSL Vampire ASX | Interco Tire

The other tires out there are the TSL Vampires. As I mentioned previously, they have a deeper tread, but they don't have those aggressive sidewall lugs and are not as wide and not as fast in the water.

TSL Vampires | Interco Tire
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

jpswfit1

After watching the water speed of the ASX tires on your Hustler Bigfoot , and also watching how well these tires perform in the mud on MightymaxIV,s machine, this tire strikes the best balance between water speed and traction in thick mud.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    jpswfit1

After watching the water speed of the ASX tires on your Hustler Bigfoot , and also watching how well these tires perform in the mud on MightymaxIV,s machine, this tire strikes the best balance between water speed and traction in thick mud.
    mudbug, I've owned many different AATVs and tired out quite a few tires and I have to say that the ASX's are the absolute best tires out there......the best in the mud, and good in the water. I'd like to suggest these tires anyone looking to make their AATV the one of the most capable off road vehicles out there. You can't go wrong with these, so if you can fit them on your machine, get them!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Dont waste your money on 26 inch Kenda Bearclaws or Kenda Executioner tires!

I payed $46 to have six Kenda Executioner tires mounted today. it swam about 2 mph. I paid $521.28 plus shipping ,and this was a complete waste of money! After I mounted the Executioner tires on my Max IV, I then drove it into a small pond near my house. The Executioner tires hardly moved at all when mounted forward ( traction position ) I then began driving backward, and this moved me, but only slightly! I then began to wonder if I,d ever be able to drive out of the pond. I then decided to split shift and this helped me get to the closely spot to drive out. After I loaded my Max IV onto my trailor I drove back to my house and mounted six Kenda ,bearclaw tires in the traction position. In the traction position these tire were about the same as my Gator tires. With very low throttle I could see myself moving in the water, but very slowly. The wind started blowing across the water and then I could,nt move at all. I then decided to counter rotate, and drive to a spot closest to the bank. I was praying that I could get out. Over all though, I like my Gator tires best. They move VERY slowly in the forward postion, but if I stand up ,lock the throttle down at slightly above idle, rock the tub side to side, I can make these tires paddle straight across a pond.
    Last edited by Mike; 04-06-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: removed comments to other member :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your bad experiece.I hope you have better luck next time and thanks for posting the info on those tires..

Well that stinks!

Sorry mudbug, but it is still an awesome mud tire. Should be several people in your area who would like to have them for their ATV's.

Dave, I removed your comment to another member on this site. That will not be tolerated. Just because tires don't swim on your Max IV doesn't mean that they didn't swim on an Argo. You have two completely different machines.

Here's a way to eyeball and estimate your speed in water, as I think there's a lot of seat of the pants guessing going on in general.. not you particularly, Dave.

There's 3600 seconds in an hour. 5280 feet in a mile. 5280 divided by 3600 = 1.46

that means you travel about one and a half feet in a second for every 1 mph of speed. So two or three mph is really hooking it up.

Got the 3600 figure from a highway patrol during a speedometer accuracy discussion. Drive any steady speed between two mile markers while counting the seconds. Divide the seconds into 3600. That is your speed.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread