New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

it's great to hear you're having fun and it sounds like the tracks are working great, Brebett! The only waly I have found to "start" to get a chanel or escargo-type track to "pull" off is to be on a sidehill and snag the uphill (unweighted) track on a ledge or other obstacle while you skid the machine's tail down the hill. The track usually has to be pretty loose and the tires have to be turning. Even then, if the grousers are truly radiused and the belt is elevated, it's virtually impossible to do. Square-shaped grousers are a different story. Hopefully that's helpful info for somebody!

So far I,ve tried them sidehill with no problem. One time it was a bit scary, not because of the track, because it was steep. I was able to turn. The grouser grabed very good and it just straigthen the argo and went up the hill
    Jack

Here are some pics of the used chanel tracks I bought yesterday, he had them on 25x12" tires, (these are pics of them mounted on his machine) looks likes there's good clearance between the grouser and the tub in pic#3. I have 2.75" tuners as well, didn't measure the ones that came with the tracks,

chanel2.jpgchanel1.jpgchanel3.jpgchanel4.jpgchanel5.jpg

Now you are going places you have never been. (looking good} Looks like a nice snug fit.

good stuff gusgus! how did you mange to find a used set?

Found them on Kijiji, did searches for argo in ontario and quebec, they were listed for $1800, picked them up for $1650,
    found a set of escargos for $1600 but for the 24" tires, and put the link up for the classifieds yesterday. mine are the 25" didn't want to blow the budget by buying another set of tires and rims.

Just a quick comment on Chanel Tracks, after following this thread for a year or so, I made the plunge and ordered a set from Marcel, then drove up to Maniwaki end of July to pick them up. I cannot comment on how they work yet as I haven't had a spare minute to install them, but plan to do so in September.

However, they are solidly built and I have faith that they will perform when I put them on my Avenger.

But I can say that Marcel is a real gentleman and great to deal with. Along with the Argo track gig, he is pilot instructor and has built many aircraft from kits. This man knows machinery and how to build things right!

It was a real pleasure to meet him and the drive through rural Quebec to Maniwaki is incredible scenery following the Gatineau River. We took the highway to Portage du Fort on the way back and crossed the Ottawa River at Renfrew.

God's Country!

chanel track grousers

could somebody be kind enough to tell me center distance between each grouser
    and the inner distance between the belts..thanks

Center to center the grousers are 4 1/2" apart. If you are asking about the distance from the tub to the edge of inner belt , it is going to depend on how wide Marcel makes the belts and how wide of spacer you run.

I am in the process of putting my on right now and I am having trouble getting the proper tension due to the oversize tires I choose, which in the end should work out well.

let say i have an 18 inch track on 10 inches wide tires....the belt would be 4 inches wide on each side of the grousers..I should have 2.5 inch spacers..what i want is the distance between the belts ( inside ). i figure it would be about 10.5 inches to 11 inches.
    or if you want, what is the distance between the belt and tire on each side of the tire...I guess the belt should not touch the side of the tire...thanks

+ Reply to Thread