Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
Disconnecting the front chains is nothing more than a couple Master Links, very easy, and would take about the same time installing a set of Tuners. Removing the front chains, or installing Tuners on the center axles will both defeat the idea of having a 6x6 with just tires, but with tracks, it doesn't matter.
If you can run your rubber tracks without spinning the tires in them and have your front chains off...... That will almost eliminate any chance of chain windeup. I would try it.
I tried removing my front chains a couple weeks ago on my Conquest, it did not work out for me. I could do almost any "normal" type driving and manouvering, but would slip the tires inside my tracks if loaded up and climbing out of holes or turning up hills. This was with my 14.5" Adair Pro Series Tracks, you should have better tire to track friction with the rubber on rubber than I did with rubber tires on UHMW Tracks.

The worst that could happen is that it doesn't work, and if you plan it right you woun't be doing your test at 9:00 at night and then putting your chains back on at 12:30 in the morning, in the dark, by "feel", out in the bush, like I was, lol.

RD
Good points on spinning the tires and you're probably right with proper tire inflation on the Recreatives rubber tracks it shouldn't be an issue. Again its free to try so why not.