New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

Hello every one,hope all is well with everybody, I would like to hear of more pros & cons concerning the channel tracks and also what is the cost for a set of tracks to fit my MaxIV? I have heard that they were between $1800 & $2500 dollars but me living in the states is that Canadian or American dollars?. Thanks for the info that you all can give me.
    Take care and God Bless you all.!!
    Jerry

Hi, it is in canadian dollars. Up to now they are amasing for my use. The downside I find is to put them back on the wheel. But roc doc put some hinges instead of over lapping. I'll probably do that next time. I've tried them in mud, swamp, slush and snow. They are very easy to turn with. They don't come off. You can't go fast with them and kind of noisy on hard trail. I don't know if there is anough room on the max, not sure
    Jack
    Jack

Good afternoon Jack, I would like to thank you for your reply and info and I guess I will have to call my bank to see what the exchange rate would be unless he does not do an exchange rate on his tracks. If I do plan on purchasing a Set,I would plan on driving to Quebec and visit some cousins that live In and around the Quebec area. I would like to ask you if you don't mind how I would go about ordering a set and how long would it take to have them made up for me and if I have to give the gentleman any kind of measurements off of my machine for him to build the tracks off of.
    Thanks again for your reply and info from my last post. Take care and God Bless.!!
    Jerry

I have used them this passed winter. And found them to be very reliable will not come off. But again the machine should be set up for the tracks. I am not going to make any outrages claims like some others, with other tracks. There are pros and cons. CONs I have found them to be very rough on a hard surface but I think most open tracks are that way. And I am running higher then most for air pressure in my tires. If you go back in the post on the chanel track you will find some interesting insight on them.
    On the tracks I have found them to be up in the class as the Escargo very tough and good traction on snow and ice. sand mud. I have not taken them swimming so I can not comment on that aspect of them. The nice thing I have found about them is how flat they ride on a uneven surface. Putting the weight of the argo on the outer edge of them will not be a problem they can handle it and they do not twist and try to come off the tire. I did do some minor mods to them like a hinge and paddles. The turning ability of my argo greatly improved with the track because of the erased belt design.
    I could go on and on but I will not because there is no need to. For the $$$ your getting a very good track And you will not be disappointed
    Again depending on your ridding terrain and the use you will be putting them though. And just what are you looking for in a track.
    Al

Hello Al, I would like to thank you for what sounded to be a genuine honest opinion concerning the tracks that everyone has been talking about ever since the Gentleman in Quebec has been producing them in his workshop and some of our members turned us on to his tracks back a year or so ago,and it has been the talk all winter long.The only other question I have is how well do they swim. I have everything here in Northern Michigan from sand to mud to swamps river rock laden creeks and streams to the occasional biyou everything that will hang up a 4 wheeler so it sounds like his tracks may just be what I am looking for to keep me out of trouble,if you know what I mean. Thanks again for your reply and I do hope to do some more talking to you in the future.
    Take care Ride Safe and God Bless
    Jerry
    Last edited by Disabledsportsman; 05-27-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Hi, with my avenger they swim better that with the tires I had on. It's not fast but gets you to where you want to go.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Disabledsportsman View Post
    Hello every one,hope all is well with everybody, I would like to hear of more pros & cons concerning the channel tracks and also what is the cost for a set of tracks to fit my MaxIV? I have heard that they were between $1800 & $2500 dollars but me living in the states is that Canadian or American dollars?. Thanks for the info that you all can give me.
    Take care and God Bless you all.!!

Jerry
    Jerry, I purchased a set of Chanels from Marcel and I live in the states. The exchange rate a couple of months ago was $1 USA= .91 CDN so I saves almost $300 using US currency. They were shipped to my house via UPS for $395 US, but I live in Utah and you shipping would be cheaper. I won't be using them until next winter, but they look heavy-duty for sure.

Fixed the exchange rate. I had it backwards.
    Last edited by thorn; 05-29-2014 at 08:33 AM.

I have a Conquest and they do not swim at all...kind of bob along... I have also been able to throw a track while trying to get out of a ditch...I think my tire pressures were too low...since I pumped up the corner tires I havent had any troubles

My brother is planning to buy a big foot. How well does it go with the chanel track ( snow and mud). I know they are amasing with the 8x8 avenger but I don't have much feedback about the 6 wheels
    Jack

I put 3 1/2 to 4 pound in the corners. Never had a problem throwing a track and I tried then in nasty places. I have 6 ply tire on the corners, maybe it helps
    Jack

+ Reply to Thread