Tracks for max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tracks for max II

And don't forget to add in that there were 3 of us in Mark's Max IV with tracks in 18 inches of powder going up and down hills.......with no cleats either, of course. And $20,000 and doesn't go through snow? C'mon, get real. Mark probably has about half of that into a very well setup machine that will go through pretty much anything.

And here's my 1980 Attex 'Lil Truck in the snow. Not as deep as the stuff we were going through with Mark, but this is a 1980 machine, and it's all stock. The only thing added were new tires and rims to run in the tracks but that's it. I'd say it does very well. And it wasn't anywhere near $20,000 or $10,000 or $5000..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79hrgviS-_8
    Last edited by jpswift1; 01-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I just came back from a three hour tour of the woods,it is just below zero here. With the top on my Max II the temperature inside was about 62 degrees,this is without a heater. I drove in over two feet of snow and went overland for miles with my factory tracks. I went over snow fall trees,through gullies and.you name it. A snowmobile couldn't have gone through some of the holes I went in,and I certainly wouldn't have been driving bare hands with jacket unzipped. When I went as far as I wanted to in dense woods,I simply changed ends and came back Nothing other than our machines could match that..........period. Kohler,Briggs and Kawasaki are downright sensible engine choices that give years of reliable service,parts availability and affordability as well as being very fuel efficient which gives our machines extremely large ranges,that is probably why the small tractor people use them too.They have the torque and low speed lugging capabilities and cooling capability with or without fluid cooling.I can and do use my machine 24/7/365 and to me,that makes my machine a buy. LOL if I could find a new T20 for $600 and a body in let's say another color for $100 put me down for a couple of each. . My advice would be by all means sell your Max II to someone who appreciates it and pick up a $1500 snowmobile,wrenches and lots of warm clothing and for heaven's sake don't try to drive it where I had my Max today!
    Last edited by Eldon; 01-26-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Eldon, VERY well put! I couldn't have said it better myself. An AATV gives you the most bang for your buck, hands down. It's an extremely versatile machine that is easy and inexpensive to work on, especially compared to a 4 wheeler or snowmobile.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That is nice looking track and very capable !

Quote Originally Posted by Eldon View Post
    Kohler,Briggs and Kawasaki are downright sensible engine choices that give years of reliable service,parts availability and affordability as well as being very fuel efficient which gives our machines extremely large ranges....
    Spot-on. And a reason they're also used in portable and stationary generators, welders etc. Heck; the Kubota engine in my eight wheeler was out of a "lawn mower" (It's out of a Grasshopper). The Kubota in my Swamp Fox? It's out of a carpet cleaning van. The Kubota I'm swapping into my 980?

It's out of a zamboni.
    Really!

When people play the hateful "it's got a lawn mower engine" card, the argument immediately falls on its face. If you want a quad engine in your AATV, put one in it. I bet it'll work great; no sarcasm implied.

I paid $2500 for my Max. It came with tracks. I just sold them to another member for$400. As I am ordering a new set from Tim on Wednesday. I would not give up my max for any amount of money! Like most every other person on this site, I am hooked. And if there is a problem, just put the word out. Help comes quick.
    Last edited by tattooman; 01-28-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling

tatooman

If you love your Max II now,, just wait until you get the Adair tracks on it and get to experience the places that you always wanted to take your Max II in, but never could.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    When people play the hateful "it's got a lawn mower engine" card, the argument immediately falls on its face.
    It sure does. Some people just don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread