Snow tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snow tires

Snow tires

HI I have a Max ll not having any experience how much snow will these go through without tracks my use for the machine will be for on the ice ... fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ART View Post
    HI I have a Max ll not having any experience how much snow will these go through without tracks my use for the machine will be for on the ice ... fishing
    Figure 6 to 9 inches depending on the snow pack, may go through more but eventually will belly out. If you plan on venturing out any distance buy tracks.

Thanks jim

I'm new to ATVs, owning a 8x8 KID for less than two weeks. It has old, dry, nearly treadles AG Goodyear 23x8.5x12 tiress. I want to plow snow with the machine and wondered if anyone had advice on the best type tire for the task. I was considering the Deestone 4 or 6 ply AGs.

Has anyone ever tried Maxxis 4-snow tires? There's a few different flavours of the same tire out there. All seem to be aimed at snow riding. Would these be too soft of a compound for regular riding through rock and such?

I was looking at those also. Seam to be a good tire and you can get the same version in a 4 ply.

Not trying to discourage anyone or discredit these tires but I recall reading about the diameter growing significantly with rpm's.

4-Snow | Maxxis USA

Yes your rite thay will grow when spun Fast. But at 22" tall and being that you can put a 24" tire on a max II I would think thay would not grow a Full 2" to interfear ??
    I found a supplyer for this tire at a good price so I am leaning toward a set for the winter. As of now I am in the works on a 9" wheel at the shop. but thay are avalible in 8" and 9" rim size. Realy want a set of Vendettas but last I talked to MudOx thay said there still in the works and not sure on a date of avalibilaty ?

Unless you have a pretty fast machine, the 4-snow don't seem to gain circumference to any great degree. Some have tried them for racing, but that never works out. We have a set on Q's trail machine and they work just fine. For the trails or snow, I don't think there will be any problems as long as you don't want to swim them; they don't swim worth a darn.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread