Tracks, I am new to the 6x6 world

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracks, I am new to the 6x6 world

Tracks, I am new to the 6x6 world

Ok, so I have this new Hydro Traxx, New to me!! It is 6x6 but it has very large tires and It has a 45HP Kubota Turbo diesel power plant and has unbelievable torque. I want to get a set of tracks, when i talked with Hydro Tracks i was told i have to get a set for an 8x8 and then just shorten them a little because of the large tires. my QUESTION IS, What is the best most agresive track for mud, i want the best mud track, i dont have to worry about HP and turning them. please help me, and check out my unit. thanks.
    Attached Images

Just like tires, different tracks do better in different terrain. Tracks are also not cheap...you will want to get the right ones for you the first time. I'd suggest watching a bunch of videos and see how well the machines move through the mud. It would also be a good idea to show up for some of the group rides to see them in action in person.
    For mud, I'm very impressed with Adair tracks, and plan to get a set myself. Mud Videos
    Where are you located?
    Rumor has it that Tim and Mike from Adair are planning on attending this ride http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...pin-acres.html
    Even if your machine is not ready to ride, someone there will have an extra seat for you to ride along.

444, just returned from the gathering at busco beach. rode with 3 8x8's with adairs. they seemed almost unstoppable in mud and spent time pulling other stuck machines. check out the videos !! johnboy va.

Thanks for the info guys, I watched alot of videos and seen how great the Adair tracks are, just didnt know what brand they were until this thread, i checked them out online and called them and i am ordering a set of custom tracks for my unit. as mine is a 6x6 but it has 28" tires and uses almost the same length track as a 8x8. thanks for the info.

I second the motion for Adair tracks. The pro tracks on my max 4 are unstoppable (knock on wood lol)

I love how some say their unit is UNSTOPABLE Given the right conditions you can stop anything. Sorry but the word unstoppable is misleading for any track. But the Adair track is a good all right. And there are other good track on the market. But try to find a track that best fit the conditions you are going to play in. If you are in a very soft power snow you may want a wide track.,If you are just in to climbing over loges and hard rough ground you may want a narrow track that has good bit.
    Just saying... my two cents

I have to wonder what those tires are going to be like inside a set of tracks??? Has anyone tried them?
    I also agree with OT, having run a number of different tracks, I've been stopped in alll of them. To date, the Adair Pro series works great in most of my conditions. Someday I hope to try a set of Chanel or Escargo Tracks, they are wider than I could use on my regular runs but I would still like to give them a try.

Quick question: I know nothing about Hydro-Trax. Are there any chains involved in the drive system? Reason I ask is that I managed to snap one of the Single 60 chains between my 2nd and 3rd axles on my last trip out. I know full well that I was way overloaded, but just wondering if that might be an issue with your big hp and Torque.

RD
    Last edited by Rock Doctor; 10-17-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tucker View Post
    I love how some say their unit is UNSTOPABLE Given the right conditions you can stop anything. Sorry but the word unstoppable is misleading for any track. But the Adair track is a good all right. And there are other good track on the market. But try to find a track that best fit the conditions you are going to play in. If you are in a very soft power snow you may want a wide track.,If you are just in to climbing over loges and hard rough ground you may want a narrow track that has good bit.
    Just saying... my two cents
    Tucker, That’s exactly why I knocked on wood . Everyone knows there has never been a track that’s ever been built that’s unstoppable. Its analogy, simple as that.

sorry guys, i didn't mean completely unstoppable, just almost . sort of a way to express how well they perform. in fact dan's argo 8x8 had to be pulled out once i believe in a busco '' peanut butter'' mud hole. johnboy va.

John I love that PEANUT BUTTER MUDHOLE. I have not heard of mud been described that way. Sadly around here we do not have that type of mud, Its just plain oh mud if you can find it. But I know what you mean. Try washing peanut butter off a knife, now cover your track with that. What a freeken mess. I will stick to our mud thank you

+ Reply to Thread