Argo 8x8 Adair track owners

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo 8x8 Adair track owners

Argo 8x8 Adair track owners

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:46 AM.

I have not noticed a difference

I think the tracks will diminish rough road conditions to some extent by carrying the weight of the machine and load over more square inches, and should lessen the jarring by a little bit. Dependent on the conditions you have, it may still make for a rough ride. Everyone's back is different, and what aches one person may not even be noticed by another.

The larger the tires and the more sidewall you have, there is an absorbing effect there as well. If you have small tires, and I believe you may have 21-22" tires? If so there's not much sidewall to begin with. You may check your tire pressure though as there is a tendency of folks to put too much psi in the tires.

Hey Deedeelin1 my 6x6 Conquest rides much better with the 14.5 Pro Series with 22" tires @ 3.5 psi than with the 25" rawhides ever did.

I have owned three different machines with Adair tracks. I find that my 8x8 Argo HDI rides much smoother with the Adair style pro series tracks then it does with the Argo 24 inch tires run at low PSI. Unlike tires that run smother with low PSI I find that the 8x8 rides much better running the tires at a higher PSI the tracks very tight or what i would consider tight. Running the tracks at higher PSI lets them pass right over all the small irregularities in the road and allows me to ride down trails at a good clip. There are exceptions-you can't hit dip dips without a jar and you have to crawl over logs.

With the Adair tracks tight I find that I can move down trails at at good pace in areas where a 4x4 would have to crawl. The attached video is an example of just how well my machine moves across rough terrain. Try moving at this pace with a 4x4 and you would be in big trouble.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:47 AM.

oh no deedee, hope i will be able to keep up with you at busco !! you will be a real mudslinger !! johnboy va.

Change out the old conquest seat to a new avenger /frontier style the foam is about 5-6" thick I did this on my Argo bigfoot much more comfort

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:48 AM.

I had a conquest a couple of years ago with the adair tracks on it I goota say it was a tank for pulling out logs and it rode very good the longer wheelbase helps . I have a bigfoot right now fitted with the adair tracks and a frontier seat it rides decent but my future plans are for a 2015 frontier 8x8 with the efi engine and adair tracks.

+ Reply to Thread