new rubber tracks for a frontier

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new rubber tracks for a frontier

new rubber tracks for a frontier

So here is my question? I bought a new frontier 8x8 with rubber tracks. I took them off after running them on a logging road will only use them when I going to run on trails and mud/tundra, so my question is one side had a spacer to lengthen it and the other side did not. 1 will the different lengths make the machine want to pull to one side? or should I make both the same length?
    support your local search and rescue unit and get lost.

Ideally you have equal track lengths on both sides and equal track tension on both sides. This might require different tire psi depending on how imperfect they are from the factory

- if the corner tires are not exactly the same circumfrence on the left and right sides (they never are), the machine is not going to track perfectly straight as the track speeds are slightly different left to right. This is assuming you don't have any other sources of "drag" on the inside of your machine. It becomes a matter of adjusting tire psi (but staying within indexing circumfrence).
    To be honest, most people just index normally and then live with a bit of pull left or right.
    It sounds like the corner tires on one side of your machine are larger than the corner tires on the other side...which made the extension necessary for proper track tension.
    Track tuners can help in your adjustment as you have more options in tire placement (trying to get matching corner circumferences) without having to run undesirable air pressures in the center to stay within proper indexing circumfrences. I really hope that made sense!

+ Reply to Thread