Max II tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II tracks

Max II tracks

Hi all
    I am looking at a set of factory rubber tracks on here from a fellow forum member.
    My question is I have 22 inch rawhide tires and the tracks are for 21 inch tires. Would these tracks work with my tires or do I need the 21 inch?

Thanks for any advice as the tracks seem like a good deal

Larry

larry, if you are looking at the set by sixnstix the 22 '' rawhides if they are 22x11x8 would probably fit the tracks. ask him if he has had them on 21x11x8's. if your tires will fit the tracks, the other issue then is will the clear your tub. i assume it's a max2 ? they look to be nice tracks and a good price. you may need wheel exstensions and allittle tub modifying. worth checking out. j.b.

He has them on 21 inch. Modifying the tube isn't an issue and I believe they come with extensions and frame rails.

Thanks
    Larry

They may not fit with your 22" tires. I went through this with my Max IV. I had a set of 22" Runamucks I had hoped to use with my factory RI rubber tracks but the tracks will not fit around the 22" tires. I got them on, but the sidewalls on the front and rear tires were bulged so bad they'd have popped if I tried to drive it. I ordered a new set of the 21" Carlisle tires RI recomends for the rubber tracks....There was a huge difference in size between my 22s and the new 21s. The manufacturer stated nominal vs the actual tire size are not always equal.

Here is a pic of a brand new 21" AT101 beside a bald 22" Runamuck. No wonder my trackes would fit lol

that's the best when someone else has already tried. may be worth getting the 21's. j.b.

My machine is a MAX IV and my tracks are the factory Camoplast skidoo tracks, not the waffle on a Max II so I can't say for sure it won't work but I'll bet not.

a machine with 22" rawhides typically needs a longer track than the same machine with runamucks. The runamucks (as shown) are quite bit bigger around than the 21" at101's. You'll just need to lengthen the track, and also confirm that you'll have the clearance to run the track over your 22" rawhides. That's the main concern.

+ Reply to Thread