GBC Gator Tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GBC Gator Tires

GBC Gator Tires

Replaced my old worn out Carlisle AT101 21" tires out for some GBC gator 22" ones the other day. Took it for a typical drive, and wound up getting stuck in many places that I could get through pretty easily with the AT101's. Dug 6 holes on a gravel hill, and on 60% grade hills or so, the motor bogs down. Steeper than that, and the motor bogs down.
    Currently running a 16 horse vanguard motor, stock gearing, stock spring.
    Do yall think that extra inch on the tires and the aggressive treads are making me bog down and lose torque like that? Or would a damp (was raining today) or glazed belt be more to blame. Had the machine out for a few hours with no water in the tub to get on the belt.
    Meep Meep

You pretty much answerd our own question ! The taller tire knocked you gear ratio down and the aggressive tread got yo more bit !
    These machines Need the slip so as to turn and so on .

Its my belief that the Gator is a superior tire than the 101. Yes you have much more traction than before and your gearing has slightly changed. I also believe that the wet belt issue is a far more likely culprit.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Pics Garrett?
    21 are max on my Attex, the new AT101s work excellent.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Do yall think an 18 horse vanguard would help it out a noticeable amount? Currently running a 16 horse vanguard.
    Meep Meep

That's a nice machine. In short, the more HP the better. I've always felt that a Max2 does well with a 18hp Vanguard, and it leaves room in the engine bay to do service work. I prefer the Kohler engines for other reasons, but they are slightly larger, and take up much more of the room you may need to work on the machine.

+ Reply to Thread