argo heat tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: argo heat tires

argo heat tires

A few years ago I upgraded my drive train to full HD on my Argo Bigfoot. I went ahead and put some argo heat tires on it as well. I was wondering if anyone else is running these? They still look like new as I have hardly put any time on them and have been recently debating adair tracks. I was just curious what other people thought and what experiences they had with these tires.

The heat tires we made specifically for tracks, with a open grouser style track the outer lug will engage between grousers and make a very positive connection almost like gear and chain. Very happy with my heat so far. Was surprised you had got them for using without tracks.

Don't you want some slippage between the tire and track to avoid chain wind up?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOTGUN View Post
    The heat tires we made specifically for tracks, with a open grouser style track the outer lug will engage between grousers and make a very positive connection almost like gear and chain. Very happy with my heat so far. Was surprised you had got them for using without tracks.
    What type of tracks are you running? I did not understand that these where developed for tracks. On my argo bigfoot I can imagine running tracks due to the lack of space but maybe im wrong. I know I have 22 inch tires for my plastic tracks. Can you run Adair tracks with these on a big foot? I do enjoy these tires as they do great in all surfaces but they don't swim all that well.

close fit

bacdb5de.jpg

example of how close the 25" heat tires fit on the bigfoot. in thick mud it peels it off and cleans itself out nicely.

I run tuners and index the end tires so windup is not and issue. I run Chanel Tracks. If you are set on Adairs, call them they are very good at knowing exactly what your machine needs to to run their tracks.

I'd be interested in running the Heat tires as long as they withstood the sidewall wear better then the AT189's. I'm wore almost smooth now with my Escargo's after close to 1000kms on them. I had one sever load and slip issue and almost ripped an entire lug off on one tire when trying to pull a tub that broke through ice. Bent a grouser and all surprisingly, never heard another do that yet. Haha

+ Reply to Thread