Winter kit for super tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter kit for super tracks?

Winter kit for super tracks?

Is there such a thing as track extensions for the super tracks? I see all the other tracks offer a snow kit of some sort. Anyone ever custom make a snow kit to help in deep snow

never really needed them in deep snow Mine just goes along I did add cleat kit which helps out a lot. Mine are the 18 is that what you have?

Ya I have the 18” to. I just didn’t know how well it’ll do in waist high snow or what ever. Yours do pretty good?

yes her in pa we get heavy snow and drifts I was trying to think but I cant remember a time I was stuck with tracks with out tracks plenty

There have been some dealers in Colorado that put angle iron grousers across the super tracks and bolt them on using the holes where the Argo ice cleat kit goes. The grousers extend beyond the track approx 6" and then they bolt on a 4" wide rubber belt making it a 24" wide track. Thse tracks are about the ultimate for deep snow and climbing in deep snow. There are some pics and videos of these on some Argos if you search around.

That’s basically exactly what I was thinking. I thought I saw something like that before. The only this is that I have the old style super tracks so there’s no predrilled holes for the cleat kit. Probably just drill new ones. Plus I don’t know if I would have enough clearance between the track and the bottom of the tub for the angle. I wonder if I could start the angled sections just outside of the tub that way they aren’t between the track and tub.

On the older machines that don't have the tub clearence they start in the middle of the track (drill a mounting hole) with the grouser and go out from there.

That’s what I was thinking. Took the tracks off for the summer so possibly a summer project now.

I have run both super tracks with the ice cleats and channel tracks , while I was able to get stuck with the channels. I never once got stuck with the supertracks and some places the snow was over 10 feet. however the reverse is true in the summer the supers get put away and the channels go on.

+ Reply to Thread