Cold weather running

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cold weather running

Cold weather running

Just wondering if anyone of you guys do anything different when running your machine in cold weather , I was out the other day and it was -28c (16-17 below zero ) I do run amsoil synthetic oil , also i run gas line antifreeze in the tank,do any of you reroute the air intake hose to under the hood?The reason I am asking is my machine started missing as I ran it ,I was running in 2-3 feet of snow ,yes it is tracked,so it was working.

Hey deerchaser, I don't know what you are run for a machine but the older rigs had the fuel tank vent on the back of the tub and I suppose it could frost up and starve the engine of fuel. My 02 conquest would skip after running hard and it was more of a vapor lock, let it cool down and away you go. With my 2016 hdi I plow snow down to -30F and it doesn't miss a beat and I plow most of my yard and a half mile of road granted interior Alaska has very dry snow. Have you tried a fresh set of plugs?

Thanks for the reply beagle man ,I am running a 2013 XTI c/w a 750 EFI motor,I might have found the problem as I was doing some reading on the form and one of the members had a problem with a motor missing and it turned out to be a loose connection on the coil closes to the firewall,after doing some checking I found that i had the same problem,I repaired the spade lug connection on the coil and it seems to be running better ,at least in the garage.I will have to get it out on my next days off and see if it runs better .

Glad to hear you may have solved your problem. Let us know if it did the trick.

+ Reply to Thread