Tire pressure.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tire pressure.

Tire pressure.

What pressure are most of you running with? After checking the pressure on all 6 tires not one is the same. I know they run with low pressure. My fronts were 9lb and 10ld middle 7lb and 5lb and rear are 3lb and 4lb. I was thinking of putting them all at 4lb maybe 5lb for the front because there's more weight up front. I did find a parts manual online but I've not found an operating manual yet.

I run 3-4 on most machines without tracks. If it dosent track straight on hard ground you can add to slow side or reduce pressure on fast side. With tracks tire pressure is critical, usually 6-7 lbs. some vehicles need 9-10 to keep tracks on.

I like to run 3.5-4 psi in the fronts and 3 psi in the middle and rear for my 6x6. In my 8x8 I like to go higher in the middle 2 sets and lower in the corner sets. No tracks they are a different story

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    I have been running 4 lbs on front and rears 6 in the middle and 10 with the tracks on. The higher pressure in the middle tires is supposed to help turn easier because it provides a pivot point.

I adjusted all the tire pressure 4lb front and back and 5 in the middle. Like I said in one of my post I have to ride on a old paved road for about 3/4 of a mile to get to the trails and and I thought the turns bad with the tracks on when ridding on pavement but it's worse without the tracks on. In the dirt it turns on a dime but is a BITCH on pavement.. I e been thinking of replacing the throttle with a thumb throttle I have the on my atv's and really like them and I'm not crazy with the twist throttle. Is there a special one I would need our can I use a universal one?

Without tracks as low as you can go before the tires start coming off the bead. Lower is the secret for more traction. In my old Scrambler 6x6 I ran 1.25 PSI
    In my Coot I run 4.5 in the front and 3.5 in the rear. (It's important to make sure the side walls are the same height between the ground and the bottom of the rim and that's based on how heavy one end is versus the other. The distance from the ground to the center of the hub is actually your "gear" ratio of the tire so if they are the same front to back everything is happy. Even if the pressures are different.
    My rule of thumb is I find in light ATVs you normally can go down to the same PSI as the ply. My 2 ply tires on the quadractor run at 2PSI for example and the Coot's tires are 4 ply so they're just about that.

I just bought some used super tracks for my 2022 frontier 6x6 what would be the best tire pressure on the 24 inch tires..and the tracks are off an 8x8 how many links should I have per side. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead View Post
    I just bought some used super tracks for my 2022 frontier 6x6 what would be the best tire pressure on the 24 inch tires..and the tracks are off an 8x8 how many links should I have per side. Thanks
    I would start at 31 links, manual states 5,5,6 with 2-1/2" gap pre track joining. That is from instructions that are downloadable from Argo.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread