Busco Beach in NC April 15-17, 2011

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC April 15-17, 2011

Busco Beach in NC April 15-17, 2011

6X6 World Trail ride at Busco Beach in Goldsboro, NC! Come ride with your fellow members and get to know the face behind the username. This is a perfect off road park for AATVs.

Most people will arrive on Thursday night late or Friday morning early and stay through Sunday. If you haven't been on a ride and can make it I encourage you to come out and ride with some other AATVs even if just for a day. We always have fun and love meeting others from the site. Here's the info:

When:
    April 15-17, 2011

Here is a link to the event on our calendar so that you can get a reminder via email when it gets closer: Busco Beach Trail Ride

Where:
    Busco Beach off road park in Goldsboro, NC.

Here is a Google map of Busco Beach so you can see how far it is from where you live: Map of Busco Beach

Here is a link to their website: Busco Beach

They offer:

- A mud pit
    - Several ponds
    - A drag strip
    - MX Tracks
    - 1500 acres of trails
    - Bath houses with bathrooms and showers
    - A concession stand during the day

Cost:

$5 entrance fee per person
    $10 per ATV that you bring

Primitive Camping - $5 a night
    RV camping w/ hookup (30A) - $25 a night

Threads from Previous Rides with videos and pictures:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...10-2010-a.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...-beach-nc.html
    October 2009 Busco Ride
    April 3-5 2009 at Busco Beach in NC
    Busco Beach ride in N.C. - Oct 10-12
    Last edited by Mike; 01-23-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: added link to calendar

I have some exciting news about Busco Beach. We will be attempting to broadcast live from 6x6 World Camp on Friday afternoon and Saturday. It is all dependent upon what kind of signal we can get at camp but after a little testing over the past couple of weeks I think we will be able to show something. I plan to broadcast from camp, perhaps a live web cam so everyone can watch what is going on and we may even be able to broadcast live on the trail a little to give everybody that can't make it a chance to feel like you are there.

I will post more details tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for a good connection.

Way cool!
    Banned

That's awesome!! I'll be watching for sure!
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

I hope you all have a good time! The river is purdy high here so it should be high their! Maybe I can make the fall ride this year!

Anyone in close to me leaving tomarrow morning. It would be cool to meet up with a group on the way. I plan on leaving as early as i can wake up.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Anyone in close to me leaving tomorrow morning. It would be cool to meet up with a group on the way. I plan on leaving as early as i can wake up.
    How early is early? I plan to hit the road shortly after 3am going NB I-85 threw Charlotte and Greensboro. Then I-40 back down threw Raleigh-Durham. You can drop me at 864-247-4685.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Anyone in close to me leaving tomarrow morning. It would be cool to meet up with a group on the way. I plan on leaving as early as i can wake up.
    Well that depends? are you near Lancaster or Erie. I plan on using I-81 most of the way till i hit I-64. the rest is just a blink.
    I will be leaving soon and stooping to sleep near Harrisburg.

I'm near Erie. I am going to crash for 5 hours and then leave. I was hoping around 3, but it will probably be more like 4 or 430 till i pull out the driveway. I'm pretty pumped. Trailers loaded, cars packed, just need to throw a few last things in it on my way out the door and 10.5 hours of prime driving here I come!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Alright everyone, be sure to check the front page of the site tomorrow, Friday April 15 from 2pm to 8pm and Saturday from 9am to 6pm Eastern Standard Time. We are set up to broadcast live from Busco Beach. There are a ton of things that could go wrong and prevent us from doing so but I hope we are at least able to broadcast from camp some. When the feed goes live, the 6x6 World logo will disappear and the broadcast will begin. When the broadcast ends, we are going to save the footage to our uStream page located here: 6x6 World Live from Busco Beach Also, if we happen to lose signal during a broadcast, it should automatically be saved to our videos. Worst case, if we constantly lose signal, there may be a ton of videos saved automatically but we will see what happens.

This time I don't have a lot planned until we test out how well everything works but it should be a fun experiment nonetheless. The downside to broadcasting live is that the video footage will be a very low resolution and probably only come through at 20FPS meaning that action footage will be choppy and wavy but we have to start somewhere.

I hope you can at least tune in for a few minutes to see what its all about. See you guys and gals on the trails.

+ Reply to Thread