Busco Beach in NC April 5-7 2013

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC April 5-7 2013

Busco Beach in NC April 5-7 2013

6X6 World semi-annual spring trail ride at Busco Beach Off Road Park in Goldsboro, NC! Come ride with your fellow members and get to know the face (and six wheeler) behind the username. This is a perfect off road park for AATVs.

Most people will arrive on Thursday night late or Friday morning early and stay through Sunday or Monday. If you haven't been on a ride and there is any way you can make it, I encourage you to come out and ride with some other AATVs even if just for a day. We always have fun and love meeting others from the site. Here's the info:

When:
    April 5-7, 2013

Here is a link to the event on our calendar so that you can get a reminder via email when it gets closer: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/calen...5&day=2013-4-5

Where:
    Busco Beach off road park in Goldsboro, NC.

Here is a Google map of Busco Beach so you can see how far it is from where you live: Map of Busco Beach

Here is a link to their website: Busco Beach

They offer:

- A mud pit
    - Several ponds
    - A drag strip
    - MX Tracks
    - 1800 acres of trails
    - Bath houses with bathrooms and showers
    - A concession stand during the day

Cost:
    $5 entrance fee per person
    $10 per ATV that you bring

Primitive Camping - $5 a night
    RV camping w/ hookup (30A) - $25 a night

Threads from Previous Rides with videos and pictures:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...14-2012-a.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...22-2012-a.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...-9-2011-a.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...17-2011-a.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...10-2010-a.html
    April 2012 Busco Beach
    October 2009 Busco Ride
    April 3-5 2009 at Busco Beach in NC
    Busco Beach ride in N.C. - Oct 10-12

Here is a video from last April's ride:

Looks like I'm out once again. I will be racing in Martinsville VA that weekend
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I will be there with the Max IV and hopefuly my newly aquired Hustler.

2012-12-12_09-54-18_651772481505.jpg
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

Is that $5 per person per day and $10 per atv per day or is that for the whole weekend?
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

Quote Originally Posted by xbunsenx View Post
    Is that $5 per person per day and $10 per atv per day or is that for the whole weekend?
    It is $5 per day per person, $5 per night per person @ primitive camp (tent), $10 per day per ATV. It can add up fast with 4 people and 2 ATV..

I won't be making this one either. My band is playing that Wed thru Sat.

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    The fee and FAQ info below was captured from the Busco Beach and ATV Park site at:
    Busco Beach & ATV Park | Fees

Fees

Admission Additional Information Fee
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    per person per day, kids 5 & under FREE $5
    per ATV/UTV/dirt bike/ARGO/golf cart/jet ski/etc. per day $10
    per person per night, primitive/tent camping or guest at R/V hook-up $5
    per drag bike per day, limited to the drag strip $5
    per night 30 AMP power & water/power hook-up, 2 persons included $20
    per night 30 AMP full hook-up, 2 persons included $25
    per night 50 AMP full hook-up, 2 persons included $35

About Fees
    *full hook-up includes power, water, & sewer*
    *R/V hook-up fees can be paid in advance as a reservation on a particular spot for specific dates. Reservation fees are non-refundable. If cancelled, you are credited the amount paid for use at our park in the future. Cancellations must be made before the date of your reservation or credit will not be issued!*
    CASH only! No credit cards! ATM available!
    We charge for day fees (person & bike) until 10PM each day
    Camping/Overnight fees are additional to daily fees
    Daytime guests (not paid to camp/overnight) must be out by 11PM
    Prices subject to change due to Special Events

Examples
    1 PERSON & 1 ATV IS TENT CAMPING, ARRIVES FRIDAY 5PM AND STAYING UNTIL SUNDAY AFTERNOON PAYS $55
    FRIDAY ($5 PERSON+$10 ATV+$5 CAMP=$20) + SATURDAY ($20) + SUNDAY ($5 PERSON+$10 ATV=$15).

2 PERSONS & 2 ATV WITH 30 AMP FULL HOOK-UP FOR R/V, ARRIVES SATURDAY MORNING AND STAYING UNTIL SUNDAY AFTERNOON PAYS $85
    SATURDAY ($10 PERSONS+$20 ATVS+$25 HOOK-UP=$55) + SUNDAY ($10 PERSONS+$20 ATVS=$30).

1 PERSON & 1 ATV IS TENT CAMPING, ARRIVES FRIDAY 11PM AND STAYING UNTIL SUNDAY EVENING PAYS $40
    FRIDAY ($5 CAMP) + SATURDAY ($5 PERSON+$10 ATV+$5 CAMP=$20) + SUNDAY ($5 PERSON+$10 ATV=$15).
    FAQ's
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do I need to wear a helmet when I ride?
    Yes, on most machines. A helmet is required all times you are on ATVs, dirt bikes, and most other machines. If you are on a utility vehicle (razor, rhino, commander, etc.), or a machine containing a roll bar, a helmet is optional.
    Is there an age limit to ride?
    No. We leave that at your discretion. However, we do advise all minors to be accompanied by an adult.
    Can I ride my ATV at night?
    Yes. You can ride the trails at night, but you must have a mounted headlight (NO flashlights) on your ATV, dirt bike, etc. We do have the drag strip lighted for several hours at night most weekends to accommodate those without headlights.
    Do I need to sign a waiver if I am not riding?
    Yes. Everyone that enters the park ages 18 and above must sign a waiver. You must have a driver’s license or state issued ID with you upon arrival also. If you do not have a license or ID, even if you are over 18, you must have someone sign for you. You can download the waiver on our homepage.
    Do you allow 3 Wheelers to ride?
    Yes. We require a helmet worn while riding.
    Is your park pet friendly?
    Yes, but you must have your pet on a leash at all times.
    Can we have fires at our campsite?
    Yes. You can dig a small pit in the sand and build a fire at your campsite. We sell firewood at the front office and you can collect wood from our trails (NO burning of pallets or objects that contain nails).
    Can I reserve an R/V spot for a particular weekend?
    Yes. We do accept reservations. We recommend making reservations a couple months in advance because we have a limited number of R/V spots. We require a deposit (CHECK or MONEY ORDER) sent to Busco Beach at 1243 Bryan Blvd., Goldsboro, NC, 27530. The amount is the 30/50 AMP hookup fee for the total number of nights spent. You must pay for at least 2 nights. EX: 2 nights x 30 AMP hookup fee ($25) = $50 deposit. Please include all of your contact information. You may request a specific R/V spot and we will try to accommodate you as best we can. Deposits are non-refundable. If you have to cancel a reservation we will credit you the amount paid and it can be used on your next visit or on a future reservation! Cancellations must be made before the date of your reservation or credit will not be issued! Spots are limited and reservations are many, so call us in advance! 919-222-0897.
    Can I bring my generator?
    Yes. We have many people that primitive camp and use a generator. We charge no additional fee either. A person tent camping pays the same overnight fee as a person with a R/V and generator ($5). If we are fully booked on reservations a generator is a good alternative.
    Last edited by PlumCrazy; 12-25-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Anyone planning on going this year?

I plan on making the trip. I think the turnout will be smaller overall this year as the Arizona ride is the following week and several of the Busco regular's will be getting ready for that cross country trek. It should still be a fun ride.

Me and Fred both wish we could make the trip there to enjoy yet another fun and exciting ride with yall, but duty calls. We will be looking forward to the pictures and video's. Take care and have fun on the trails.
    Hold My B..R and Watch This!!!

+ Reply to Thread