First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

First Annual SWAMP RUN!Trail Ride, Berlin WI

I am happy to announce the first annual swamp run at my farm located in berlin WI. The fun will start sat.May 17-18. We have plenty of room for tents, rvs,etc., and you are welcome to get set up fri,may 16.

Because of the fragile ecosystem, and nesting birds at this time of year,we will be keeping this more of a trail ride, but don't be fooled,the most challenging part of this run is the trail itself.

Tracks are highly recommended. Also, not to discourage you,but the swamp is full of poison sumac,and there will be certain bushes you do not want to touch,FYI.

Showers will be available, along with an outside privy.

If you could RSVP so I will have some idea what to expect,that would be great. This is a free event, located on 265 acres,and I hope to get permission from some of my neighbors to extent the ride.
    B.y.o. food and drink,we will have a bbq grill, and a modern kitchen if needed.
    Anybody is welcome to show up fri. the day before to get set up.
    Hope to see you here!
    Last edited by foxvalley; 04-04-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Doug, do you mean "because of the fragile ecosystem, and nesting birds at this time of year, if you become lost, disoriented or stuck, you may never be seen alive again, as the swamp will devour you."

Count me in.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

sounds like fun

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Doug, do you mean "because of the fragile ecosystem, and nesting birds at this time of year, if you become lost, disoriented or stuck, you may never be seen alive again, as the swamp will devour you."

Count me in.

Keith.
    LOL Keith, LOL!
    You know the swamp to well! That was my nice way of putting it.......I do want people to show up. Everybody will be armed with signal flare,whistle, life jacket,and a small piece of glass, in case they have to get the attention of low flying aircraft.

Hey kieth, see if you can get Matt to come out,that would be awesome!

Hey Doug please count some of us in! I'm sure that several of us from Adair ARGO would like to make that ride. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help. I've watched all your videos and I've heard about your swamp ...i can't wait to get a chance to go right there :-)

Thanks!

tim

are there aligators in your swamp?aint never seen one of those before.lol

boy would I love to make that trip to your ride foxvalley.be nice to meet you guys in person.

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    LOL Keith, LOL!
    You know the swamp to well! That was my nice way of putting it.......I do want people to show up. Everybody will be armed with signal flare,whistle, life jacket,and a small piece of glass, in case they have to get the attention of low flying aircraft.

Hey kieth, see if you can get Matt to come out,that would be awesome!
    Nick and I will be there!!!

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Wish I could make that, have always been curious about the Wi. alligators, although I have seen some down this way.

Alligators would make good traction it's the mosquitoes as big as choppers I'd worry about. That is our state bird you know ha ha.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    Alligators would make good traction it's the mosquitoes as big as choppers I'd worry about. That is our state bird you know ha ha.
    tbone9 is right,alligators make good traction, and taste good to boot. The mosquitos around here will suck the marrow out of your bones.I hope I timed it right so we don't have to deal with them.
    So far,we have the makings of quite a ride.

+ Reply to Thread