Highlifters Atv Mud Nationals 2015

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Highlifters Atv Mud Nationals 2015

Last edited by Mike; 04-01-2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the filmstrip button

looks like a lot of fun, I'm jealous. Thanks for posting and keep em comin

Straight from the High Lifter website:

Last edited by Mike; 04-01-2015 at 08:21 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the filmstrip button and the full youtube link

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Straight from the High Lifter website:

https://youtu.be/98TdishdJR8?list=PL...tQS0iJ0KLVY3Qi

It's pretty amazing to watch what essentially would seem to be obsolete vehicles, show their true nature and utterly wreak anything else on the market. 6x6/8x8 will always simply be the best.

Also what are the tracks running on the yellow Argo? They are CRAZY!
    Last edited by allwheeldrive; 04-01-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Awesome way to go guys

Quote Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post

It's pretty amazing to watch what essentially would seem to be obsolete vehicles, show their true nature and utterly wreak anything else on the market. 6x6/8x8 will always simply be the best.

All wheel, the tracks on Noels Yellow 750 EFI are Adair classic tracks with pieces of stainless steel attached to every grouser. This track system requires Adair track tuners on the two middle wheels so the middle wheels spin freely. You might also note that this machine had all aluminum wheels with a two inch offset two help make room for those wide tracks. The extra width and the steel sleeves on the grousers gave Noel a little extra advantage pulling out of the mud lanes. Noels machine had the the 3.3 transmission but those tracks work to gear the machine even lower and Noels machine was the machine of choice for pulling out stuck 4x4's.

Quote Originally Posted by allwheeldrive View Post

Those are some special tracks Adair created for rugged conditions. They are metal cased on one side of the grouser to allow better traction on wet logs and wet clay. The tracks themselves are a version of their gear reduction tracks. Put the metal clad grouser together with gear reduction and you have a machine that went through every obstacle at Mud Creek without hesitation. I highly recommend them.

Everywhere we went Argos were the dominate machine. Owners of the lifted machines saw us as we were pulling them out. Big side by sides saw us as we drove circles around their stuck machines under conditions that seemed like child's play to us. Ty's 95 Argo Response with a 23 horse Briggs drove through every bad hole we could find and simply wouldn't be stopped. Wife's saw us as we drove by mud free and children pointed. People videoed the machines every where we went. We drove through impossible holes that challenged all the wheeled vehicles. I could see the look on the owners of lifted machines as we drove by. One thing is for sure. Next year a lot of folks that once owned 4x4's will be driving an Argo and I would expect to see more and more Argos as family members prod dad about buying one of those mud machines that keep the family dry.

Good points Dan. I just wish we would have had a few Max and Mudd Ox machines there as well. Well, we kind of did, I had my green Max2 there for comparison but managed to lose the allen screws out of the middle axles which restricted its ability to maneuver and had to abort a swamp run and take it back to camp.

The Max2 is back in action now, and will be out again for the 2016 Mud Nats.

Any Max and Mudd Ox owners want to come to the event next year, actually all machines are welcome. I may even have my Super Swamp Fox there next year.

+ Reply to Thread