Highlifters Atv Mud Nationals 2015

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Highlifters Atv Mud Nationals 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bilimrl1 View Post
    Mud Creek and River Run ATV parks are reporting creeks and rivers flooding area, but Mud Creek says suppose to be back with in its banks by the this weekend. We still have more rain coming! Needless to say, the holes and low ares will suerly be filled to the top. Roads running around the place will be tore up with a day or two limiting folks travel. Might be a whole lot of ATVs (HGVs) sitting around the camp fire. Might want to throw in a trolling motor for this one boys!
    Hey, we rig up stuff here in East Texas to overcome those issues, may strap on a 35hp Johnson to the back. As long as there is a somewhat responsible person working the tiller from the back seat, it should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    I found this on the 2015 Highlifter Mud Nationals site under vendors:
    front vendor Area

Arctic Cat - Off-road ATVs, UTVs and more
    Argo Adventure - Argo OEM
    Brinson Powersports - Can-Am, Polaris, Sea Doo, Kawasaki dealer
    Broadway Powersports - ATV/UTVs
    Kymco - On-road scooters and motorcycles, off-road ATVs and UTVs
    Performance Powersports - Dealer

It looks like Argo has some representation at the dealer level! Can't wait to stop by and say hello.
    It's going to be great to have Fritz there,and to see what kind of interest he generates,the quad culture seems to be a hard egg to crack. He might do very well on "trade Ins"

We have roped off a large area this last weekend for all to camp together, even the alaskan leaving early (early Sunday morning) should be able to find getting to this spot and out easy. We are roped off to the roads edge and able to pull in BIG rigs! Tents, long trailers, we should be able to get everyone I've seen on here.The wife and I'll be getting back down there Tuesday morning and can send you a goggle pin to locate us.
    Noel, plenty of room for you to pull in and unload too! We are due east of the pits, south of the obstacle course.
    Last edited by bilimrl1; 04-08-2015 at 01:27 PM.

just ran across the kings of the long pit hidden in this youtube... Go Noel and team mate, sorry can't remeber his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuL2l-FK3iM

Quote Originally Posted by bilimrl1 View Post
    just ran across the kings of the long pit hidden in this youtube... Go Noel and team mate, sorry can't remeber his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuL2l-FK3iM
    Thanks man, that's some nice footage. We made it into the High Lifter Mud Nationals magazine last year as well with the photos of the year priors run in which we were in the Argo 750HDI.

Folks go crazy for amphibs there. Don't know how many folks I talked to during the outing.

Hey Noel, can you Robert or anyone else who is local give me a mud and water report before I leave the house? I already checked the weather-looks like it is going to be a beautiful week for mudding.

Mud and water great for amphibs, maybe not so great for four wheelers. All the swamps are full, the mud holes are now small ponds. The dry areas are now damp, dust is nominal for the first time in years.
    Weather forecast for Jacksonville, Wednesday high 79 low 55, Thursday High 68 low 48, Friday high 65 low 48, Saturday high 73 low 55. Only chance of rain is Thursday, and its predicted as light rain only in the morning.

Should be some good times, for us anyway.

Congrats to forum member Bakedalaskan for a superb run in the Endurance race at the Mud Nats. He ran his Argo HDI with 25" tires in the Endurance pit in the highest water conditions I've ever seen there. With very rough conditions, he was able to place 2nd in the competition.

It took advanced skill to operate the machine so seamlessly, with an effort made from both inside and outside the vehicle to keep the momentum going.
    I have to say seeing an amphib in a national competition against highly modified rigs, and taking 2nd place does my heart well.

Awesome job Bakedalaskan!

That is awesome. Congratulations Bakedalaskan!

We are still waiting for the endurance results but Team Noel Woods and Tim (Adair Argo) finished either 3rd or 4th in the endurance race in a tracked Argo Frontier 750 EFI the winner of the event (if he was not disqualified) was a Can Am 6x6 with Outlaw tires, (he and she were blazing fast).

The Mud Nationals was an absolute blast, I got there Wednesday night and left Saturday afternoon, I had such a good time that I didn't want to leave. Spent most of Saturday running in the swamps and mud pulling out lifted machines. Brandon Price has hours of video he will post-some amazing shots. I didn't have my son as camera man so I only got a few minutes of video-nothing really great. I learned a lot by watching Mike, Tim, Noel Woods, and Brandon Price helped me more then once showing me how a machine needs to be driven, more then once he pulled up next to me or jumped into the tub to help me out.

+ Reply to Thread